Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems no one really has a solution to the rattle? I still love my B9 as im sure all of you do to but this totally sucks:confused:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was, but you may have a bit of drive ahead of you. I was in for an oil change and asked my dealer to take a look and see if they could figure out if it was my gate or rear seat. At first they said they couldn't replicate any noise, but I asked to go for a ride with them. After hitting some rough pavement (not hard to find in Mass right now) they knew I had an issue. They asked to keep the car and have a tech drive it home that night in an attempt to figure out where the noise was coming from. As my dealer has free loaner cars I was fine with this.
They called the next day and told me it took 3 or 4 tries, but they were able to fix the noise in the hatch. They ordered the kit for the seat also, but I don't really even hear anything anymore. They had to install 3 shims to correct the problem. Car is like new again.

I do have to admit that I love my dealer in Hanover, MA. I think they do things right so people like me will write a post like this.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh wow thats good..hmm maybe i need to send mine there..i havent mentioned it yet but my dealer in NY is kinda ehhh...idk how the would handle this, thanks!! and good to hear this!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have the same issue (rattling back door when going over bumps). I guess I will have to bring it into Subaru of Natick to have them fix it.

Reedl

·
Registered
54 Posts
My '07 has begun doing this. No longer under Warranty, so I'd like to give it a while myself, if someone could find out what to do.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, I have an 06 model and i have a rattle in the back seat witch I havnt found the source of the noise yet, its like a plastic rattle, but Im writing this because my tribeca is the gold color that had the paint clear coat problem witch I took to the dealer and they repainted the whole car, took three months to give it back to me, and the removed a lot of pieces in the car even the glass of the entire car to paint it. After that I had a skweaking rattle like noise in the back door that it was making me crazy, I took it to the dealer and they told me it was the door hinges but looking more deeply in the problem I found out the tailight lenses that are in the tailgate were loose, they left the screws loose, I suggest U check that out, It may help u with the problem.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
fbusigo said:
Hi, I have an 06 model and i have a rattle in the back seat witch I havnt found the source of the noise yet, its like a plastic rattle, but Im writing this because my tribeca is the gold color that had the paint clear coat problem witch I took to the dealer and they repainted the whole car, took three months to give it back to me, and the removed a lot of pieces in the car even the glass of the entire car to paint it. After that I had a skweaking rattle like noise in the back door that it was making me crazy, I took it to the dealer and they told me it was the door hinges but looking more deeply in the problem I found out the tailight lenses that are in the tailgate were loose, they left the screws loose, I suggest U check that out, It may help u with the problem.
No i think you have the proble with the tailgate and seat rattle most likely..but with the repaint..i plan i doing that on my 06 gold as well...but idk did your process go well? how many miles did you have on yours?? I researched alot and found out that you dont have to be under warranty but you basically have to go in there and be like,this is what i know about the gold defect and your going to fix it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, my suby had the white stains all over the upper parts of the car, hood, roof, top of bumpers and I went to the dealer to ask about the problem because it had at that time like 30k miles on it and it looked awful. They called a paint speciallist subaru sent to evaluate since the problem was little known to them in subarus and after evaluating they decided to paint it and determined after tests that it was a clear coat problem. After 3 months I was desperated because my loaner car was a 06 forester who wasnt spacy enough for the family, the called me after I called them a lot of times to ask for my car and went to see the car progress wich maked me suffer a lot since I saw it completely desassembled body wise ,that the car was ready, when I went to get it they didnt do a great job it wasnt factory quality but what the heck! I wasnt going to wait who know how many months more so I took it back, and they say the paint warranty runs 5 years even the drivetrain warranty expired. But I tell U, take it to the dealership and dont let they say that the snow bla blabla damaged it because if its the same color as mine it has the problem and where I live its always sunny an the car sleeps under roof. Dont let them give U excuses. :)

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
fbusigo said:
Hi, my suby had the white stains all over the upper parts of the car, hood, roof, top of bumpers and I went to the dealer to ask about the problem because it had at that time like 30k miles on it and it looked awful. They called a paint speciallist subaru sent to evaluate since the problem was little known to them in subarus and after evaluating they decided to paint it and determined after tests that it was a clear coat problem. After 3 months I was desperated because my loaner car was a 06 forester who wasnt spacy enough for the family, the called me after I called them a lot of times to ask for my car and went to see the car progress wich maked me suffer a lot since I saw it completely desassembled body wise ,that the car was ready, when I went to get it they didnt do a great job it wasnt factory quality but what the heck! I wasnt going to wait who know how many months more so I took it back, and they say the paint warranty runs 5 years even the drivetrain warranty expired. But I tell U, take it to the dealership and dont let they say that the snow bla blabla damaged it because if its the same color as mine it has the problem and where I live its always sunny an the car sleeps under roof. Dont let them give U excuses. :)

When did you do this repaint? Many others have done it and its more of a popular issue now so i should have no problem but its annoying and i worry it will suck but that depends on the shop that I WILL choose lol and in the pic it looks good!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I took it to repaint like a year and a half ago, it wasnt so bad the repaint but all is in the details, they where a little bit sloppy, but its better than when it had the stains so im happy.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ohh ok; mines pretty much spread throughout the whole body of the car by now and i learned alot about it so i think i should be alright when i talk to the dealer, planning sometime this spring, and i heard it takes 2 weeks cuz know they know exactly what it is, clearcoat issue. are you in the east coast area?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I really hope the repaint take two weeks because I almost go crazy wating three months for mine to be ready, good luck with that. I live in the caribbean where the sun goes crazy ruining paint jobs

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ohh wow haha, do u have any pics u can post of the repaint? ive heard two weeks here in the U.S for a auto body, im going to go through with it soon, just annoying though :/

·
Registered
47 Posts
SJD_BOSTON said:
I was, but you may have a bit of drive ahead of you. I was in for an oil change and asked my dealer to take a look and see if they could figure out if it was my gate or rear seat. At first they said they couldn't replicate any noise, but I asked to go for a ride with them. After hitting some rough pavement (not hard to find in Mass right now) they knew I had an issue. They asked to keep the car and have a tech drive it home that night in an attempt to figure out where the noise was coming from. As my dealer has free loaner cars I was fine with this.
They called the next day and told me it took 3 or 4 tries, but they were able to fix the noise in the hatch. They ordered the kit for the seat also, but I don't really even hear anything anymore. They had to install 3 shims to correct the problem. Car is like new again.

I do have to admit that I love my dealer in Hanover, MA. I think they do things right so people like me will write a post like this.
Post the dealerships name, give em a plug.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.