Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed it a lot more since we've taken long trips over the summer. Perhaps it's heat related?

Especially slowing down... coming to a stop, when it shifts back down into 1st, it literally jostles the car... it's quite irritating.

Any ideas? Car has 30K miles on it, and she as an appt at the dealership next week, just thought I'd get some insight.

·
Registered
405 Posts
ninefourteener said:
I've noticed it a lot more since we've taken long trips over the summer. Perhaps it's heat related?

Especially slowing down... coming to a stop, when it shifts back down into 1st, it literally jostles the car... it's quite irritating.

Any ideas? Car has 30K miles on it, and she as an appt at the dealership next week, just thought I'd get some insight.
Have not noticed it yet in 09, but on 07,08,09 Toyota TUNDRA 6 SPEED TRANY does it. It is not transmission , maybe in drive shaft during slow down.
You feel like a hard downshift, right?

Tell us what dealer tells you, greasing something probably or reflash electronic to affect shift points?

·
Registered
405 Posts
If you have ever ridden a motorcycle, does it feel like down shifting to lower gear before lower speed is reached and you feel a pull like slow down shift?

I haven't felt it yet in 300 mile Tribeca, but my 07 TOYOTA DOS IT FROM 3 TO 2 AND 2 TO 1st gear sometimes, not every time.

Have you asked dealer mechanic yet?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've brought it to the dealer twice...

"Can not Duplicate"

:(

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hahaha wow i just got my car back with that same excuse so i said where is the service manager have him ride with me. He finally felt it same exact problem in my 08 tribeca with 25K. He said he felt and now they can't use that excuse. It's the same thing when downshifting into first at exactly 15 miles an hour when you are over 50 mph and slowing down. After 3 stops with the service manager we finally felt it when i was over 55mph. Let's see them say can not duplicate when the service manager was riding with me. I will keep everyone posted.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My 06 was too much tranny fluid... changed the fluid and left some out intentionally, and still had to drain some to get it between the marks. Shifts a LOT better now...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts