Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which other subaru model runs whith 06 TRIBECA H6 3.0 BOXER MOTOR?
Legasy or outback and which model(05,06,07)???

·
Registered
552 Posts
The Outback 3.0R also has an option for the 3.0 H6. Mind you these are Legacy & Outback US models...not sure about other parts of the world.

·
Registered
134 Posts
No difference as far as I'm aware. The Legacy has been using the 3.0 H6 since around 2002/2003 in the UK. It was introduced at the end of the previous generation's production run but only in the Outback model.
Since then there has been a 3.0R (auto only legacy which has since been dropped over here) + the 3.0R Outback and the 3.0 Spec B which are both still avalable in the UK. The Spec B is available with a six speed manual box aswell as the auto. Nice car!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Yeah, the motors are most likely the same...I just realize larger displacement engines are taxed higher in Europe and I wasn't sure if the smaller Subarus only had the 2.0L and 2.5L horizontal 4-cylinders options.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yes, they've used the 2.0 and 2.5 in various guises over the last few years. The 2.0 gives decent peak power but needs revs, the 2.5 is better but both feel rather outdated and agricultural these days. They are both pretty horrible when combined with the 4-speed auto.
There is a 1.5 Impreza here too which is smooth and not as gutless as the figures suggest but a revvy 1.5 coupled to a awd drivetrain and, even worse, an auto gearbox is never going to cut it against European opposition in terms of performance and running costs.

Any car with emissions of greater than 225g/km (all turbos and H6 engined cars) is slammed on road tax....and it'll only get worse in the future. Hence the introduction of the diesel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts