Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We'll the chrome front finally did me in. I hate chrome & especially dislike the front grille stock. I'll be having the fr grille & the rear reflectors painted & color matched. I'll also be installing a set of 08 STI alloys. I'll post pics when I get her together.

Before: tribecapics 004.jpg

tribecapics 001.jpg

tribecapics 003.jpg

tribecapics 002.jpg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kamkze said:
Ive been thinkng about doing this and am interested to see how it turns out.
I just got 'Beca back. Looks great. I'll get some pics later when I get the rims installed Sat. Trust me it looks 100x better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here is the pics! I think 'Beca looks great. Get this the wife actually loves it too. She thinks she looks hot & not mini-vanish anymore. This from my wife that hates my mods on my pig-nose, haha.

After.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
Very Nice

highwayman said:
Here is the pics! I think 'Beca looks great. Get this the wife actually loves it too. She thinks she looks hot & not mini-vanish anymore. This from my wife that hates my mods on my pig-nose, haha.

After.
The rims are beautifull on BECA the front grill I liked more before painting and I like it more if you paint the all front and rear bumper in car color.But your choise is a very good start for BECAS tyning!!!:tup: :tup: :tup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I'd like to paint the lowers all around, but the material is too course to paint & look good. I'm not a big chrome guy so the grille had to go for me. The chrome grille made her look like a Hyundai Santa Fe to me. I think the 08 STI wheels are a good match.

Thx
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
highwayman said:
Yeah I'd like to paint the lowers all around, but the material is too course to paint & look good. I'm not a big chrome guy so the grille had to go for me. The chrome grille made her look like a Hyundai Santa Fe to me. I think the 08 STI wheels are a good match.

Thx
I have see the new BECA like yours white color and painted bumpers in same color and looks very beautifull and sporty...:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
GREEKBOY said:
I have see the new BECA like yours white color and painted bumpers in same color and looks very beautifull and sporty...:)
Hmm, I'll have to look around. The only problem is the lower portion of the bumper covers are tied into the side cladding.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Wow that looks great! Unfortunately I dont have the cash to spend on doing all the cladding & bumpers. That would be around 2K to do it right. I'd rather spend that money on mods. Hello Cobb?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
192 Posts
highwayman said:
Here is the pics! I think 'Beca looks great. Get this the wife actually loves it too. She thinks she looks hot & not mini-vanish anymore. This from my wife that hates my mods on my pig-nose, haha.

After.
I personally think the grille should be ALL chrome. It was only chrome around the outer frame and the top "step" of the grille originally. Chrome is classy.




You did great work on the grille though. Very professional looking paint job. However, in the end, I think you made the Tribeca look less upscale and more like a lower-end SUV.

I personally think the Tribeca needs a small strip of chrome along the rear hatch handle, and some chrome strips long the door as well but that's just me. :D

By the way, was this picture taken in Huntington Beach? it looks exactly like one of the streets near my house!
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top