Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. We just purchased our first Subaru - a pre-owned 2007 SB9T Limited with only 10K.

Living in Colorado, where snow can be abundant, an AWD or equivalent is almost necessary. We already have an Audi Quattro (love it!), yet just sold our 4X4 Durango to a Mexican in route to Juarez (what a story that is!!).

After much, much research ... and having basic requirements such as not buying a gas guzzling SUV (again), yet having cargo space for travel and or snowboarding trips - which meant an AWD system, yet reliable and very well rated ... the SB9T (oh yeah, and cost$$$) was a no-brainer.

I look forward to reading what you seasoned/experience folks have to offer on this board. My better half (ie, wife) has been driving the new acquisition for a month now ... I've had a few pleasure moments ... and we're hooked.

As a matter of fact, because of our experience, a fellow coworker/friend just ditched his new Hyundaifor a SB9T.

Ciao!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Welcome! I've been very happy with my '07. We don't get much snow here in Georgia, but, if we do, I'm ready! Actually, I came from up north where snow is more plentiful, and I go back regularly to visit family, so I do get to experience snow occasionally.

I got hooked on Subaru due to the performance aspects (my Justy was a torquey little monster, and the Legacys too). Nothing like flying around a corner in a four-wheel drift in my '05 GT to get the adrenaline pumping! The Tribeca feels almost as tossable as my '05 Legacy GT, though you can definitely feel the additional mass.

It's probably one of the most spritely SUVs on the road - peppy performance, fairly precise cornering, not much body roll. I've been very happy with mine.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Welcome to the club. We also have an 07 LTD. You're gonna love the AWD.

Actually, I'm sure we'd love to hear about your Mexican experience.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Viva Tribeca!

(I want to hear the south of the border story too)

My next Tribeca road trip is down to your state and Mesa Verde. Looking forward to 6K miles of comfort.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.