Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really watching my speed and how hard I get on the accelerator. I can now say I am averaging 380 miles a tank on 87 octane. No mods. I am excited since I drive at least 50 miles a day to work and home.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Thats pretty good considering you have the cargo box on top. Actually, we have almost the same looking vehicles, we have an 06 silver metallic with a very similar silver box on top.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
We ran 87 for a while, but the acceleration was sluggish. When we switched back to 93, the B9 took off! That was much more fun and we haven't gone back to 87. Besides, the difference between 87 and 93 aren't enough to break the bank.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm not sure if your pumps are set-up differently to ours but I've noticed that most of our forecourt pumps cut out well before the tank is full on both of our Subarus. The range is bad enough without filling up a couple of gallons short of full.
Spending a few minutes trickling gas in after it cuts out for the first time has given me an extra gallon and a half in the past. It could be more but I lose patience with it!
I noticed the same on my Impreza last weekend and managed to get 200 miles until the guage registered half full - a good 50 miles better than I have ever done before.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Magic Marker said:
We ran 87 for a while, but the acceleration was sluggish. When we switched back to 93, the B9 took off! That was much more fun and we haven't gone back to 87. Besides, the difference between 87 and 93 aren't enough to break the bank.
At $4.25 for 93 octane, I have bought octane booster instead. I fill up my Tribecca every 4 days. I usually only use Shell 87 though. Exxon and Citgo usually gunk everything up. I ran 93 in my Outback 2.5 XT religously though. The turbo needed it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts