Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is awesome. Coming from a 97 Impreza and 98 Legacy, I just wasn't prepared for the poshness of the whole thing. It looks beautiful, it sounds beautiful, the engine is smooth yet powerful (I know it is considered weak for it's class in the 06, but for me it feels fast)

A couple issues I need help with:

We received two keys, one 'normal' and one valet. This had one remote control. My wife has the normal key and remote. When I lock the door with my Valet key, the alarm arms, so when I come back and unlock and open the door, the alarm goes off. I figured out if I stick the key in the ignition that it shuts off the alarm, but how do I stop it from doing that?

About how much will a third key and remote cost us?

How do I tell if I have the premium sound/subwoofer? (Which seat should the subwoofer be located under?)

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Welcome to the club. Did you get the 5 pass or 7 pass? Our 7 pass LTD has the worthless sub in the rear passenger side hatch. If you have a non LTD, an optional sub is located underneath the driver's seat.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Magic Marker said:
Welcome to the club. Did you get the 5 pass or 7 pass? Our 7 pass LTD has the worthless sub in the rear passenger side hatch. If you have a non LTD, an optional sub is located underneath the driver's seat.
Thanks, we have a 7 pass.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Magic Marker said:
The way I understand it, the optional sub under the driver's seat is available for both base and Limited. The base model requires a mounting kit while the Limited does not.

Also, according to Cars101.com, starting in 2010, you won't need to ask anymore whether someone got a 5- or 7-passenger model, as the 5-passenger version is going away. Scroll down just a bit to the news section:

http://www.cars101.com/tribeca.html

·
Registered
308 Posts
kmartin said:
I can't find this. Can you be specific as to where this info is on the page?

-Karen in AZ-
Sure, no problem. It's just a one-line note. Under the pics in the top section is a bit of text, then a black divider line across the page. Immediately under that it has a link "see all news and reviews". Immediately under that:

"April 2009 - 2009 is the final year for the 5 passenger model. All 2010 Tribecas will be 7 passengers."

·
Registered
34 Posts
good move by subaru, 5 passenger was just stupid honestly. Why not just make them all 7 passengers. No one ever realizes that there is a 3rd row in our tribeca anyways.

·
Registered
124 Posts
ralliartist said:
good move by subaru, 5 passenger was just stupid honestly. Why not just make them all 7 passengers. No one ever realizes that there is a 3rd row in our tribeca anyways.
5 passenger had more storage and the 2nd row went back farther. If you never use the 3rd row, whats the point of a 7 passenger?

·
Registered
308 Posts
bionicbadger said:
5 passenger had more storage and the 2nd row went back farther. If you never use the 3rd row, whats the point of a 7 passenger?
The 2nd row going "back farther" misconception seems to be fairly common. The 7-pass middle seat goes back just as far as the 5-pass seat, it's just that there's a safety lever that you have to pull before it goes all the way back. This is to prevent accidentally sliding the seat all the way back while there are 3rd-row passengers.

Check for the big orange lever under the front outside corner of both seat sections. You have to pull that while simultaneously pulling the seat-adjustment lever to slide all the way back.

I will agree about the storage though. The storage bin on the 5-pass is where the 3rd-row seat is on the 7-pass. I would love to see that kind of storage behind the 3rd row.

On the '06 & '07, the rearmost compartment is a big foam block with cutouts for the jack and some little cubbies. The '08 models have a little more space there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts