Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a pre-owned 2008 Tribeca and am having trouble figuring out how to tell if there is gasoline in the car. The car has the curved line gas gauge icon on the dashboard but it never changes. I thought it would get smaller, or lower, as the gas was used, but it does not move. I have no idea how much gas is in the tank. The car has all kinds of computerized mechanisms to find out how much consumption per mile, etc. but not a quick glance as you are driving gauge. Is it broken or is that the way it is made to be? Thank you.

·
Registered
139 Posts

That curved line (the solid one on the right of the gauge) will never go down; it's the indicator line. You're looking for the fuel bars - you can see two or three of 'em next to the "E" in the pic. Full bars means full tank.

Also, you can cycle through your trip computer to get to the "range to empty" screen to give you a good idea how far you've got until you're stranded.

Last option would be to go to the gas station and fill it up...then you'd definitely see the difference between "empty with no bars" and "full with all bars" statuses.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
jimbo said:

That curved line (the solid one on the right of the gauge) will never go down; it's the indicator line. You're looking for the fuel bars - you can see two or three of 'em next to the "E" in the pic. Full bars means full tank.

Also, you can cycle through your trip computer to get to the "range to empty" screen to give you a good idea how far you've got until you're stranded.

Last option would be to go to the gas station and fill it up...then you'd definitely see the difference between "empty with no bars" and "full with all bars" statuses.
Also don't hold your steering wheel on the lower left side or you'll lose "bars".

Lame joke on the new iPhone 4.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your help! I will continue to watch it to see what the difference is as I put on some miles.

One more question: what does SB9T mean? I have a Tribeca but I don't see those letters on the info manuals.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Lady Tribeca said:
Thank you for your help! I will continue to watch it to see what the difference is as I put on some miles.

One more question: what does SB9T mean? I have a Tribeca but I don't see those letters on the info manuals.
SB9T stands for Subaru B9 Tribeca. It was called B9 Tribeca for 2006 & 2007 models years. B9 was the concept vehicle name as well. They decided to drop the B9 badging.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have noticed the curved bar going down so I think I've got it now!!
How about one more question re the clock?

I have the navigation system with the screen and the only clock I can see (or find) is when I have the audio on there is a small readout on the left top of the screen, right side has the temp. Is there any way to get a large clock to stay on the screen? As you can tell, I like the basics!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts