Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to tackle the fuel filter replacement this week and no longer have access to the service manual that was on this site.

Has anyone tackled this job? I did not have much luck searching this site for fuel filter MX.

If someone has any insight on this or a link to a free service manual, please enlighten me. Thank you

Th link that doesn't work is (http://jdmfsm.info/Auto/Japan/Subaru/Tribeca/2009 Tribeca/)

·
Registered
20 Posts
That job is unnecessarily difficult compared to the same job in other vehicles. Also you have two options, to rebuild the pump/filter, or just buy an entirely new pump unit for $400.

Guess I wont be attempting this until the pump actually goes. No sense in preemptive maintenance here :(

·
Registered
12 Posts
Has anyone had any fuel filter/pump troubles in their vehicle's lifetime? What were the symptoms? Any warning?

I'm coming to a similar conclusion as other contributors... the fuel filter looks very difficult to change out and expensive if you buy the whole canister. I'm thinking maybe this maintenance schedule item can be skipped?

I'm at 90K miles on a 2009. I do some towing and a fair amount of backwoods driving far from cell towers and other people. I'm hesitant to skip something in the maintenance schedule but hate to risk causing problems by swapping a working part if it's not causing other owners distress over the lifetime.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
I have never heard of a failure on a subaru H6 engine due to fuel filter issues. The only issues related in the earlier H6 was a problem starting due to the oring leaking on a seal on the tank. But this issue hasn't manifested on our generation of the H6.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 08 Tribeca cuts engine off when fuel goes below a quarter tank. Is this because of a saddle tank with a faulty assistant pump?? Everything works normal otherwise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts