Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I've downloaded the B9 Tribeca Manual from Subaru.com yet it is confusing & a waste of money & time to me.

Can anyone help out with helping me locate the fuel Filter Location to replace it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
52 Posts
MooseBrown said:
Hello Everyone,

I've downloaded the B9 Tribeca Manual from Subaru.com yet it is confusing & a waste of money & time to me.

Can anyone help out with helping me locate the fuel Filter Location to replace it?

Thanks!
Surprised no one ever answered this. I have the same question. My mechanic said he would need to remove the fuel tank to get to it and that I would only want to do that if I needed to replace the fuel pump. Comments?

Reactions: AndrewCV

·
Registered
52 Posts
I eventually found the answer elsewhere. It is in the gas tank itself. Supposedly it is much larger than the old ones and doesn't need to be replaced for that reason.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I eventually found the answer elsewhere. It is in the gas tank itself. Supposedly it is much larger than the old ones and doesn't need to be replaced for that reason.
I spoke with Subaru in Durban, gave them my vin number and they said there are two filters and both need to be replace. I’m trying to find if I can do it myself or if it needs me to take it in. none of my google searches have helped. Only generic Subaru videos and none specific to the Tribeca. Did you manage to find how to get to the filter at all?

·
Registered
57 Posts
google:Subaru Tribeca fsm (Factory Service Manual)

Subaru Factory Service Manuals (FSM) - Every Model - USDM/EU - and download it.

or see parts catalogue at likes of subarupartsdeal.com - they have nice drawings.

p.s. keep in mind that fuel filter purchased in Subaru dealerships is a bit expensive, you can get one from toyotas cheaper.
also some pictures of the process:

·
Registered
7 Posts
google:Subaru Tribeca fsm (Factory Service Manual)

Subaru Factory Service Manuals (FSM) - Every Model - USDM/EU - and download it.

or see parts catalogue at likes of subarupartsdeal.com - they have nice drawings.

p.s. keep in mind that fuel filter purchased in Subaru dealerships is a bit expensive, you can get one from toyotas cheaper.
also some pictures of the process:
Thank you so much. I really appreciate you!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts