Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the life of me I cannot find this in the manual. How often are you suppose to change fuel filter on the 2006 Tribeca?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My Response from Subaru:

Dear Mr. Snell,
Thank you for your recent e-mail to Subaru of America, Inc. We appreciate you taking the time to contact us concerning the maintenance on your 2006 Tribeca.
Per the 2006 Warranty and Maintenance Booklet, the fuel filter in your 2006 Tribeca does not need to be changed. The fuel filter is now located in the fuel tank.
If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again. Thank you for the opportunity to be of service and we wish you many safe happy miles in your Tribeca.

Best wishes,
Nancy Quinn
Subaru of America, Inc.
Customer Dealer Services

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Apparently the Fuel Filter is connected with the fuel pump and eventually if you have troubles that would normally be prevented with a $30 fuel filter you have to go for the $400 Fuel Pump w/filter. Apprently alot of newer vehicles are doing this.

·
Registered
25 Posts
RalliArtist,

If you check the maintenance book again, I saw that it mentions: "All except B9 Tribeca".

Hope that helps!

(BTW, I'm not looking forward to dropping alot of cash to replace it in the future!)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts