Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i had my bushings done thinking it was the casue of a clicking noise...nope so i heard and read some fourms and people are saying its the strut? umm well i didnt even know that there was a strut and a bushing so i guess they are two differnt things? :eek:

·
Registered
139 Posts
The strut is what most people call the `shock`. Its a gas-filled cylinder that stops the car from bouncing up and down on its springs all the time.

A bushing reduces friction between two moving pieces.

Either one failing could cause all sorts of strange sounds from your front end :)

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thanks !
yeah im guessing its my struts cuz i got the bushings done..and ive heard on this site that B9's bushings and struts go and thats "normal"

·
Registered
22 Posts
Pitch rod TSB

The clicking noise is MOST likely the bracket that attaches the pitch rod to the firewall flexing because of a crack in it or it separating from the firewall. There was a TSB about this problem and they had to fix mine as it was doing the same thing. I think they just weld it back on or together. Problem solved.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes I believe so

I'm not sure how many Tribeca's were affected, I know my dealership here in Seattle had seen it before and took care of it for me. Let us know how it ends up for you.:)

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah it seems to be a common issue with the B9s with the strut and bushings, the bushings break out all the time and thats normal, and the strut seems pretty popular..was it an expensive service?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same noise in my beca it was specially noticeable when going over a speed bump or a pothole.The dealer told me it was the sway bar link stimate to replace it?$450-500.Parts to fix it my self?140$

1 - 9 of 9 Posts