Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There this is my first time writing in this forum. I just picked up a 2006 Tribeca, and notice that there was dust and a bug stuck under the screen. Has any body tried to remove the front vents, to get access to the screen. If so can you post pictures or a place that has a INFO in detailed.

Thanks

·
Registered
214 Posts
Interestingly enough, I recently noticed a bug there as well as I was heading out. I meant to go and find a thread that stated how to get that glass out. But I tapped on it, and wouldnt you know, that bug broke into pieces, and just...disappeared. I'm sure I have bug guts in there somewhere.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's funny ... You sure your not driving my Tribeca because that is the samething that happen to me but half of the bug is still there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Service Bulletin #08-35-05

Hello--i am new to the forum. I have an 06 tribeca and it has this dust issue.

Checking out my.subaru.com i noticed the following maintenance bulletin--

Dust Behind Multi Function Display (MFD) Panel
Pages: 3
Bulletin Description: There is the possibility that dust could accumulate on the inside of the Multi Function Display (MFD) panel. The dust could look like spider webs. The information contained in this bulletin provides the procedure for removing the dust and preventing it from coming back.

Does anyone have a copy of this doc they would be willing to share, or know where i can get it without having to pay the 35 dollar subscription to the site?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts

I found a dealer who sent me the service bulletin. Looks like it just involves removing the dash vent, cleaning the display, and putting some foam gasket around the display to seal it, then reinstalling.

The doc mentions a "white stick" to help remove the vent. Anyone know what that is exactly?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2006 SB9 and I have a dead spider right in the middle of the display! Along with humidity drip marks! Drives me crazy! Thank you for the pdf, I'm going to try it!

·
Registered
184 Posts
White stick will just be plastic lever. I normally use old credit card. The important point is that you don't use anything metal that will scratch or indent the plastic vent or surround.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts