Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone purchased a front bumper underguard for their Beca after getting car? I don't have one on mine now and thinking if it's something I wanna add. Is it useful?? or is it more cosmetics then real use?? If I had to get one to add to the car, how do you install it? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I think the majority of us here believe it is just an expensive piece of plastic covering another piece of plastic.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Mine came with it, but it's pretty much purely cosmetic. Basically it's a silver piece of plastic that fills in the center portion of the lower grill opening. Definitely not worth paying for. Install is easy though, its just some push clips. As Magic Marker said it's just an expensive piece of plastic covering another piece of plastic. If you did run up to a curb stop it could be sacrificed for a few scratches to the UNDERSIDE of the bumper, but that's about all the protection it offers:rolleyes:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info guys, it's good I asked, thought it was actually a piece of aluminum, had no idea it was plastic. Guess I'll toss that idea out the door and save myself some $$.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
SubieTri08 said:
Thanks for the info guys, it's good I asked, thought it was actually a piece of aluminum, had no idea it was plastic. Guess I'll toss that idea out the door and save myself some $$.
Agreed. It isn't worth over $100 for plastic. I'd only pick one up if I got it really cheap.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Back from the dead. I installed this piece yesterday on my 2006, and managed to do it while still unaware of Peaty's guide! Bought with SubaruBucks (cost was $75). A note about factory marks for the drilling locations: they are just very tiny, grain-of-sand like bumps molded into the bumper. Not dimples, but protrusions.
To find them, you have to shine light at the bumper fascia, at a glancing angle, and position your face very close to the bumper.
I believe this trim piece does add to the looks. It delineates the position and curved shape of the lower edge of the dark-gray bumper, which otherwise blends in with the dark underside. Also, the silver color matches that of the stock wheels.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts