Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently bought a 2010 Tribeca Touring from a dealership here in town. So im standing in the space where the car is usually parked in the garage the other night, and i see 2 small puddles that appear to be leftover from the car. One is water assumeldy from the A/C and one is a really thin layer of some oily residue. So after some thought.....and some more thought, i got under the car and found out that the transmission is leaking tranny fluid on the garage floor. It appears that there is a gear oil? pan at the bottom of the tranny that sits just in front of the drive shaft to the rear diff. Anyways. Its a very slow leak but i can clearly see that the oil seeps from the end of the pan closest to the rear of the car. Its weird, the gasket looks intact although it seems like its a silicone caulk job vs a fitted metal gasket or something like that. I'm taking it to the dealer today, hopefully its just not bolted down tight enough. The wife asked me if i was worried about it, i'm not sure, maybe stuff like this happens on new cars, doesn't seem right but who knows.

04/26 - Just got off the phone with the dealer. They kept it over the weekend and were able to reproduce the leak. She said they had to order a new gasket and that it would be a few days before we can have it back. I had to gripe at her about calling me back to give me status. I had to call them Friday at like 6pm to get the update when i dropped it off that morning and then i had to call again today around lunch time to see what was up. i dunno maybe they are just too busy. I'm a pain when it comes to customer service. My expectations are too high i guess.

04/30 - Getting car back today. Woot.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Stuff happens. Don't even worry about it. Just let the dealership do what they need to do.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So after 2 trips to the dealer they finally fixed it. At least i think its fixed. Ill check again for the leak over this week. Basically they thought it was a gasket at the bell housing end of the tranny, so they replaced it, and it still leaked, second time they replaced the gasket in between the tranny and the drain pan. I think that did the trick. The service manager explained to me that it was probably a defect in the gasket from the factory. Not sure how that happens.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.