Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do the 07s have interior ambient FOOTWELL lighting? Ie: an amber LED under the glovebox and/or steering wheel? I was just watching an 08 video which the Subie rep said it footwell lighting for the 4 main seats. Should the 07 have this too?

Mine doesn't and I couldn't find anything in the manual about (pretty sure it's new for 08), just want to make sure everythings working ok since I just picked it up used:p :D

·
449 Posts
AFAIK mine does, I'm sure the passenger side has one because when I changed my cabin air filter I had to drop the lower panel. In order to do that you need to unplug the harness to the light. I'm pretty sure it was just a standard incadesent bulb though, nothing special, just small.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have the '08 and it does have ambient lighting under the 2 front seats and also in the middle console where the cup holders are. The blue lighting in the cup holders only come on when the headlights are turned on, as far as the ones under 2 front seats, i'm not sure it's actually on until the doors are opened. As far as under the glovebox and steering wheel I haven't noticed them. However there is a red LED by the moonroof controls that is also on when the headlights are turned on and this red light shines onto the shifter area. Honestly, if the ambient lightings are on under the 4 main seats it's not even bright enough to notice it's there at all. I'll double check tonight and post an update.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Peaty.

Hmmm...both my front footwells don't light up? I haven't really even looked in the back yet at night though. I'll have to check it out when I get home tonight. I wonder if perhaps I have the interior lighting turned down too much? I know the ambient light in the roof console and cup holders are working ok.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Yup,
My 07 LTD has foot well light in the front and 2nd row. It's a yellow amberish color. I would like to change it out for some white LED's though.

Peaty, I'm sure you'll do a DIY soon?? ;)

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Hmm...maybe I'm confusing the situation a bit here. I know mine has "entry" footwell lighting that comes on when you open a door or unlock with the key fob.

I was wondering if there is also supposed to be "ambient" footwell lighting, by that I mean soft glowing lights similar to the overhead LED and blue cupholder LED that only come on when the headlights are turned on?

Thanks for all the responses though:tup:

See this video about the 08 'beca on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHHw3SbwRkk At about 4:40 he talks about interior lighting.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I also think Subaru's own Tribeca page just answered my questions. "Illuminated front and 2nd-row footwells (when entering or exiting the vehicle)" and "Automatic ambient lighting of center console area" on their Interior Features page: http://www.subaru.com/shop/specifications.jsp?model=TRIBECA&trim=LIMITED7PASS&category=INTERIOR%20FEATURES

I feel better now that I don't think something is missing or not working. The ambient footwell lighting would've been a cool feature. The new 08 Accords have it as an accessory and some Lexus and Infinitis as well I believe.

·
Registered
124 Posts
my 08 doesn't have ambient foot lighting when on the road. The blue cupholder light is on when headlights are on all the time, but not in the footwell. Wouldn't this be anoying in the dark? Pretty much any interior light inside is annoying when driving in the dark.

·
449 Posts
The foot wells only come on with the dome light AFAIK, as for LED's I'm more of an incidesent bulb guy, I think the LED light is too harsh and directed for interior lighting myself.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Is there any real purpose to ambient footwell lighting besides the coolness factor?

·
449 Posts
Serves the same purpose as the dome light, so you can see stuff in the car at night when you open the door. Check to see stuff on the floor, your shoes are tied crap like that :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts