Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi- I'm posting for my dad. He's got a 2009 Subaru Tribeca, and when he's parked in front of his house, his key fob won't work. Weirdest thing. Anyone have any experience with this? I'm going to continue to search the web for answers, as I've checked the forum here and haven't seen anything.... Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Does he have line of sight to the vehicle?

I don't know if this is true, but I've heard that if you point the key to your temple when you use the fob then you'll get a signal boost. Sounds like trying to pop popcorn with a cellphone, but what has he got to lose?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
immortal_suby said:
touching the fob to your chin works too.
Yup, it even works w/o line of sight. Basically using your head as an antenna. It works really well for our remote start as well. I can remote start w/o line of sight.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Its some kind of interference. I did a remote start for a customer over 10 years ago, worked perfect in the shop, but he claimed it'd never start at home.
After constant return trips to the shop only for it to work perfect I started probing, turns out - he lived next to a firehouse, and they had a huge antenna tower pretty much in his back yard.

If he remote started ANYwhere else other than home he was fine, but at home, no dice.

Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts