Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I bought my '09 Tribeca 5 seat limited(no nav.) in November '08. When i first got the Tribeca i couldn't get any radio reception. I brought it to the dealer and they replaced the antenna amplifier. This helped a lot but i still did not get all the radio stations i would like. Then the problem was when i hit the seek button it wouldn't stop anywhere. I lived with this for a few months and finally got them to replace the rear window. I still don't get all the radio stations my 99 ford ranger can get and definitely can't get the radio stations my wife's bmw gets. I could live with this if i was trying to get Portland Maine stations but no i'm trying to get Boston Mass stations where i live everyday. I would just like to receive WAAF which is considered a Boston station.

My parents live in the North Conway area of New Hampshire and when I travel there I have to make sure i have my cd's and ipod. There are two local radio stations and a bunch of Portland Maine radio stations that can be received by every car but mine.

I'm just wondering if anyone else lives in these areas and has experienced the same problems as me?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Not much help to you, but our 07 Tribeca seems to have better than average FM reception. I live in the northwest Hills of NJ which is 40+ miles as the crow flies to NYC and on the edge of NYC radio territory (10 miles up the road it cuts out pretty much completely). Our Tribeca seems to gets better reception than my Accord and my wife's Legacy.

My advice would be to go back to the dealer and ask to try out the radio of another Tribeca on the lot and see how that one works out compared to yours. That could provide some good evidence to the dealer that your radio doesn't seem to be working right and prompt them to replace the headunit too. Most likely your radio may have a bad tuner since replacing your antenna didn't seem to help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The problem is the radio isn't affected till 15 miles outside of Boston. I would go see the dealer near my parents house but they never seem to carry Tibecas.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Yeah, but 15 mile outside a city is obviously not that far, especially when talking about radio signals. Perhaps there's a dealer between you and Boston that you can go to and take a tech for a quick ride with you? Unfortunately in this situation, you'll probably have to be the squeeky wheel to get the grease!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Same here

Hi, I have the same problem, the radio seeks past stations, i.e. it does not stop at the station. However when you tune it manually to the station the station sounds fine.

I do have tinted windows which does affect radio reception, however you still expect it to stop on a station that you can tune to manually when that station gets the RDS radio info and sounds clear and is in stereo.

Regards

Paul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts