Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I had the first flat tire on this car and it was a bit daunting... I called AAA and they came to fix it. I watched carefully to see how the spare tire was removed from the bottom of the car, and then there were lock nuts that had to be released from the regular tire. Tomorrow when I get the tire fixed, I want to watch how they reset the spare into the bottom of the car. It seems a lot more complicated that the Forester was, but it is nice to have the spare hidden underground...:) I will definitely keep my AAA membership current!

·
Registered
152 Posts
I took mine out when I messed with the tow hitch. It's really an ingenious system and was easy to use. Theres a cable that hoists the tire back up which would be a dirty job otherwise.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, five hours later I have returned from Mavis. It appears that it was a key, not a nail, that was lodged in the tire...sort of a flat key for a jewelry box.
They said that the tire already had 3 plugs and they could not put another plug and I should really get all the tires to match, etc. etc... and so $873 later (Dunlop tires) I am home. I don't think I have ever gone to Mavis or Tireman when I have not driven out with four new tires. I would have preferred to go to Costco because they have a very good guarantee, but I just did not realize that the tire could not be fixed. Oh well, hopefully, these tires will drive safely for many years.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.