Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just saying hello before I start asking questions. I'm new to the Tribeca but not to Subarus...

I've been on the other Subie Sites since about... 2001, I think. I've always thought the Tribeca was an amazing looking suv and wanted one for quite awhile. I recently picked one up with my dealers license (which I got three years ago when I had to take a break from my job) and have some questions as it needs a few things.

First impressions are that I love it!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I picked up an '06 7 passenger. Black/Black. No NAV or DVD but it has puddle lights and leather.

My fiance and I took it (and the dogs) to Santa Cruz this weekend.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
agreed, I've looked at a lot of these at auction and when I don't like being in that much tan leather. ;)

I think a friend of mine's mom wants this one so I will be picking up another one soon.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
alright... so far:

New Tires.
New Rear brakes. Front brakes still have ~7mm.
Fresh oil change at the dealership... I did this thinking they'd give me some info on the vehicle. They didn't really and the things they did say weren't correct. *shrug*
New Headlight Bulbs. Got some Silverstars with more output than stock.
Rear liftgate support replaced.

I really, really like this vehicle. I'm going to replace the front sway bar mount bushings as they clunk a bit and I noticed that the rear windshield wiper blade needs replacement as well.

Time to list it for sale. I've put about 500 miles on it and it runs and drives very nicely. I hope it does not sell too quickly as it took me awhile to get one that didn't cost over $16000 wholesale and I'm enjoying having it.

These pics are before getting it washed... it's raining off and on so no point in detailing it yet.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
So you just flip cars? How's business? I heard auctions are getting more and more expensive.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I actually have a "real job" and a dealers license (not that being a dealer isn't a full time option). I got the dealers license when I had a minor injury and couldn't do my other work. I was bored and have a hard time sitting around doing nothing... so I discovered that I can have one where I live.

Mostly I do it to attain vehicles that interest me... I then try to sell them for a good price. A good deal is one where the both the buyer and seller are happy with the purchase. Since this isn't a full time deal for me I don't deal with all the BS that buyers try to pull. I generally list my things for a good price and ignore the lowball offers.

You are correct though. The prices being paid at the auctions are too rich for my blood most of the time. That's why I don't get very many cars... I wait till one comes along that needs minor stuff (see list above). Then I do whatever it needs and try to sell it for private party values instead of dealer retail.

This is the end of my third year doing it and so far I've almost broken even. ;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What price do people think would be fair for this Tribeca? Like, if you were looking, what would this one be priced at to be a good deal?

It has 89K on it.

·
Registered
630 Posts
what did you get it for to make a profit? and good for you tho, and good luck! hmm 2006 Limited 7 pass....89k....i'd say a fair price would be around $15,000-16000? To get the most tho..take really really good pics...like i like the ones from the front end with the wheels turned, make it look fun and sporty and for the interior..not to hard to sell people on..take a shot from the trunk or 2nd row to display the whole dashboard..and if you take really good pics it should be good to go, and maybe even a nice scene in the background could help but not too gaudy...are you listing on ebay/craigslist?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good call on fun pictures... for now, since it's raining, I'll take some wet weather shots of the exterior.

Good call on the pricing, I'm going to shoot for high 15's for it. Basically that's what I can take to make it worthwhile. I'll price it right around there and wait for the right person to come along.

The new tires made a huge difference it the way it handles. The ones that it came with were scary bald!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Two things:
1) Interior looks gray. Not sure there was a black.
2) You didn't mention the # of miles on it...or did I just miss it.

Otherwise, this vehicle looks very good in black. You should have no trouble selling it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you!

I'm pretty sure the seats are black but you're correct, the dash and other bits are definitely gray. Maybe the seats are just a dark gray? I'm waiting for a call back from my detail guy and will take better pics after he's buffed the car out... I guess to be safe I'll call it dark gray. :)

There are 89K miles on it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you for that! It's a tricky thing, even doing it as a side like I do.

I've got to say... the more I drive this the more I would like one. I've got a 2004 Forester XT here with all the STi power bits and some suspension (I have the rest, it's just not installed). I thought that was the one to keep but I think I like this more. It's not as fast or nimble but it's a nice ride! The car my fiance' and I actually own is a 2008 Smart Car Cabrio so this makes a nice addition to that car... Smart for bombing around San Francisco and this for longer trips and to pick up things that are too large for the Smart.

·
Registered
48 Posts
nice B9! The dealer that I work for just sent a B9 to auction that looks just like that one you bought! It went to a Chicago auction. It was a trade-in of the parents of a girl that works in our title office. Well maintained but it was in an accident (nothing major). I'll try and find out what it sold for.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I checked out the post sale results for Chicago Manheim. I found two Black ones have sold there on the 18th of march. How many miles did hers have?

Mine's from the south.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts