Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I just got a 07 limited tribecca 7 passenger with nav. This is a subaru certified vehile so the powertrain is covered for an additional time or 100k miles (currently 22k) my question is since the power train is covered for the additional time/mile is the $1300 extended warranty with the money?

Thank you,

Jon

·
Registered
82 Posts
We bought our warranty to cover the pricy things like the NAV, rear DVD, radio, climate control, etc. I don't expect any issues with the engine or trans., so I would say yes it is worth it. I paid $1300 for the highest milage gold plus coverage. Retail $2500.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Also remember that the w/ the Subaru warranty...if you don't use it, you get back 100% at the end of the term. We bought it for our B9 as well.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
snork said:
Also remember that the w/ the Subaru warranty...if you don't use it, you get back 100% at the end of the term. We bought it for our B9 as well.
Really? Where does it say that?

·
Registered
552 Posts
http://www.subaruwrxparts.com/products/security.php

"These plans come with a free, money-back guarantee- if you never use the plan benefits during the coverage period, your money is refunded in full"

These guys are cheaper than what I got from my dealer...but I bought it from our dealer (before I thoroughly researched unfortunately) and was given the same deal/information.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Actually I thought the same thing by the way the advetising is worded, but if you read the contract when you get it from Subaru, it is a full refund for the first 90 day(not sure as it's not in front of me) then prorated based upon time if not used. So it's not quite a "full" refund but still a great deal.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hmm...I dunno. My finance guy specifically explained that if no warranty work is done, I would get a FULL refund of the extended warranty at the end of the term. That was the main selling point b/c I usually don't buy extended warranties. I'll have to dig through my paperwork.

From a business standpoint it's not a bad idea...Subaru does get to keep my money for 6 yrs and make interest on it even if I don't have a problem.

·
Registered
21 Posts
swootton said:
Actually I thought the same thing by the way the advetising is worded, but if you read the contract when you get it from Subaru, it is a full refund for the first 90 day(not sure as it's not in front of me) then prorated based upon time if not used. So it's not quite a "full" refund but still a great deal.
The full refund is a scam. After 90 days they pro rate your refund, so it comes up to zero after few years, even if you did not use it once. I just came through the process of trying to get a refund after 8 months. They offered me something like 60% of the original price. Believe me, after a year or two you'd not get anything back.

Marek

·
Registered
82 Posts
It specifically states if you have not filed a claim and cancel within 90 days you will get a full refund. If canceled after 90 days or in the event of a claim filed within 90 days, you will get a prorated refund based upon the remaining milage or time whichever is less minus a service charge of $25 or 10% of purchase price whichever is less.

So based upon the eight months Marek had the contract the refund should have been calculated based upon the remaining time or milage. In my case with 7 years, 100,000 miles we would get a 50% refund after 3 1/2 years as my wife doesn't drive enough miles to use that in the caculations.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Also if you want the best deal, call Grayson Subaru in Knoxville, Tn. $1360.17 for 7yr/100,000 miles gold plus. $2288.79 is retail on that plan for me.

Go to legacygt.com and send a PM to "graysonsubaru" with your year, model and coverage and Seth will get you a price. Then you can call Bandon with a credit card to buy it.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
swootton said:
Also if you want the best deal, call Grayson Subaru in Knoxville, Tn. $1360.17 for 7yr/100,000 miles gold plus. $2288.79 is retail on that plan for me.

Go to legacygt.com and send a PM to "graysonsubaru" with your year, model and coverage and Seth will get you a price. Then you can call Bandon with a credit card to buy it.
Thanks for the heads up.......I'll def have to check them out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts