Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two mentions on the forum of rear camber, no definitive solution. I have both rear wheels significantly leaning in towards the vehicle.

I've driven it 70,000 miles with zero issues, no accidents, all stock, no rust, etc.

I can "rock" the lower rear trailing arm from side to side, but the bushings don't appear bad, there's no noises, and it doesn't seem like the bushing is offset/squished/deformed enough to account for significant camber. All the other rear bushings seem tight and fine.

Anyone see this while I get ready to order lower bushings?

jack up the car and pry on them with prybar/large screwdriver to see if they have any play. find the shot ones and replace.
Is the description above I mentioned too much? Should they be rock hard and immovable?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Why do you have to change anything? Can't you just get a four wheel allignment done, they should adjust the camber properly so the wheels sit level...

·
Registered
547 Posts
Should they be rock hard and immovable?
No they should not be immovable, they should have no free play in them.
How is the height of the car in the back? Any sagging? Any extra load in the back? Like heavy audio gear etc?
You are correct rear camber is not adjustable but it does change with extra load or worn out springs for example.

I don't remember exactly as its been a few years but if all your components check out OK then I'd look into camber adjustable upper bushings from STI/legacy, yes they are aftermarket and not cheap but from what I remember there was a set that fits(its been like 4 years since I looked into it though)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No weight, new rear struts and springs, sits about 1” lower than FSM says it should I think.

Alignment tech at a respected independent shop said it was the lower trailing arm. They do twist from side to side, I can “rock” them by hand a little bit. but doesn’t seem like the bushings are shot. Nothing seems shot enough to cause this.

I guess they’re so cheap I’ll replace them since the alignment tech said they were the problem. Maybe I’ll disassemble a few arms and linkages back there and that will make testing stuff easier.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts