Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys i have a 2006 b9 tribeca limited with 32,000 miles thats expiriencing a weird problem.... last month around thanksgiving day on a trip from miami to tampa some 300+ miles away i had to pull over because 3 warning dash lights in the car went on at the same time... 1- cruise control light blinking, 2- traction control light on, 3-check engine light on ..... i also experienced a sudden loss in power ... luckily i took the b9 to a subaru dealer not to far in tampa... according to the diagnostic the car experienced a miscommunication situation they didnt explain to clearly to me.... well this past x-mas day on the same road but coming down from tampa to miami the same thing happen, all 3 lights go on, sudden loss in power .... does anyone know anything about this? is the b9 tribeca not suitable for road trips? is my car damaged? is their a flaw in the 06 b9? should i call s.o.a? please help.

·
Registered
124 Posts
hamlet305 said:
is the b9 tribeca not suitable for road trips?
I don't think that is the case, since I drove mine home from the dealership 800 miles aways.

You say there was a miscommunication? Did the dealership give you anything in writing stating exactly what they found? Take it to a dealer again and get them to check it out. You should be still under warranty right?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
We haven't had any issues w/ our 07. Took it on a few hundred mile road trip and it was fine. Although, I couldn't do any better then 22-23 mpg's......

·
Registered
31 Posts
We do three 3,000 mile round trips from R.I. to Englewood FL for the school vacations. Zero problems so far, hauling 2 adults, 2 kids, a dog and a receiver hitch tray with about 200# on it @ 80 mph. Average 22.2 mpg with premium but it only gets 20mpg with economy grade fuel.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had the same issue with my 06 Tribeca, with all 3 lights on, which keeps you from using cruise control, but no power loss. It was a wheel sensor that was replaced on the front end and have not had the problem since.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had that problem is was caused buy the gas cap not on all the way. The computer thinks there is a massive evap leak and then freaks out. You can have the code cleared at an auto parts store. or it will go away on it own once you put the cap rite. unless your gas cap is bad or you do have a massive evap leak. my gas cap was not on all the way.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Warning lights

Replace the throtle body commen problem on Legacy, Outback and Tribeca in South Africa. The motor that drives the butterfly gets sticky and this is the miss comunication. (excelirator peddale imput is diferent to throtle posision sensor)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Did the dealer gave you the cel code? I had P0026 and P0028. Those codes are for the intake and exhaust cam. I use to have the same 3 light's when I got those codes and the reason is that the viscosity of the engine oil wasen't good enough because I was to close to my oil change or over my milage for oil change.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.