Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i've had my tribeca for about a month now. it's used, 2006 with about 65k on it....Er SS or maybe 55 came up in the odometer along with the abs light and the stability control light a few weeks ago. it went away later that day. about two weeks after that, the same thing happened but this time the lights wont go off. i also can't use cruise control. i've done some research online and really only found that it could be the speed sensor??? can anyone help? i dont have a warranty and i don't want to take it to the dealer to pay $100 just for them to run the diagnostics. i work at a ski resort so i am canyon driving majority of the time. i don't believe the previous owner did....

·
Registered
552 Posts
From reading over on legacygt.com it does look as though it is probably a speed sensor. The trick seems to be identifying which speed sensor it actually is (ie: which wheel).

According to a thread over at LGT.com (see below) if you have an OBDII reader you may be able read the chassis codes to determine which wheel it is and then would have to physically check the sensor for a short or open circuit. Unfortunately, there isn't as much info floating around the web for the Tribecas, so wiring or assembly diagrams may be hard to come by/find.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91831

·
Registered
1 Posts
2008 Tribeca w/ 120,000 miles - Not a lot of activity here, but it was very helpful when I recently had a similar problem. ERR SS on odometer combined with a disabled traction control indicator and illuminated ABS indicator after driving in heave snow and through some blocking snowbanks. (not much can hold back a loaded Tribeca with competent snow tires) Err SS and ABS/ TRacCont indicators were on for a couple of days. Checked the gas cap, went through an automatic car wash with underspray to dislodge any remaining ice/snow that might have been fouling the sensors. After about 50 miles, the lights reset and all is working fine. Not sure is the issue was blockage or what some people have suggested regarding heavy driving in snow and the car noting significant differences in tire rotation speed. (there was certainly plenty of that as I carefully moved through piles of snow to get around cars stuck in the middle of the road - some snowstorm!)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts