Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for the correct engine manual to purchase for an H6 3.6L new Subaru engine. I'm primarily interested in the mechanical parts of the short block. It has a custom electrical harness and SDS engine computer.

On the top of a large, aluminium colored plate on the rear of the engine I see stamped, "U243639". Is this the engine serial number?

I'm not putting this engine in a car but in an airplane.:)

Is it possibly ENGINE SECTION (H6DO) MSA5T0941A listed on the Subaru web site?

·
Registered
552 Posts
I don't have any help regarding locating an engine manual...but what kinda plane are you putting the engine in??? Building your own ultralight?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just curious, but what kind of flying are you planning to do? How will you keep the oil in the crankcase in steep turns or climb/decent and if you ever go inverted?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the posts about an engine manual

Thanks for the responses. With three partners I'm building a Glasair Sportsman 2+2 kitplane. See www.glasairaviation.com We expect the Eggenfellner Subaru E6 3.6L engine with a Quinti/Sensenich electric 4-blade constant speed prop to work wonderfully. We have a friend in North Carolina flying his right now. Eggenfellner has been building Subaru 2.2, 2.5, 3.0 and 3.6L engines for experimental aircraft for years and they are flying in literally hundreds of homebuilt aircraft. See www.eggenfellneraircraft.com

No this is not an aerobatic aircraft, just a wonderful, comfortable, roomy and fun plane to fly. Cruise about 150 mph, but with safe, slow speed flying characteristics. Ours will be fully IFR (flying in the clouds) equipped. It's constructed with steel tubing cage main structure, aluminum wings and tail surfaces and a fiberglass fuselage skin. It has folding wings and has a gross weight of 2350 pounds. You can put it on a trailer and pull it anywhere you want. It is the most versatile aircraft I know of. You can build it as a tailwheel or nose wheel plane...and then switch it from one to the other in 1 1/2 hours. It can be fitted with floats or snow skis. With tundra tires it will easily land on sand bars, short fields in Alaska or Canada (or anywhere else!) taking off and landing in under 400 feet. Two full sized front seats for big tall people, and a removable rear seat for folks up to 5' 2"...or take out the rear seat and haul up to 300 pounds of camping gear, bicycles... or a moose anyone?

Eggenfellner sells the manual for the engine for $179.00 but I was just checking on availability from Subaru. Of course, Subaru America in no way condones installing their engine in an airplane. As far as I know the short blocks come direct from Japan.

We expect to fly this coming winter. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts