Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
06 B9 Tribeca
805 Posts
That looks nasty! So what does the LL mean Flat6er? Your comment came out weird.

·
V6er Version 2
Facelift (EZ36D, 5EAT TG5D), MY2008, 7seat Limited (no DVD, no NAVI)
343 Posts
He thinks that it is "LL"(one is bigger and one is smaller, huh? ;) written on dipstick, but I think that he tries to read letter "F" wrong way :D
oil level is right in the middle. so - if the measurement was done on even surface and after engine was off for (in my opinion) about an hour - everything is peachy.

·
Registered
2010 Tribeca
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Although I perfectly understood Flat6er, but to answer to thompsonrc request, her are pictures
View attachment 2635
View attachment 2634

Hopefully it is visible, there is a L and a F.
Thanks and that is exactly what I expected to see but the marks on my dip are not that way but both L's next to each other in between the holes. I was hoping someone else had the same dip markings.

·
Registered
2010 Tribeca
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think, like @Flat6er , your marking is a F as well.
See your picture turned below
View attachment 2636
Excellent, so why is no manual showing this? Maybe this is not an original Subaru dipstick?
So I reviewed my manual (page 11-7) and my actual dipstick and you are correct and what throws everyone is the manual drawing is not to scale and shows much smaller L and F compared to the width of the dipstick. Question Answered. Thank you Rabbelaar.
PS if anyone wants a photo of the manual picture (in case they do not have one) let me know.

·
Administrator
06 B9 Tribeca
805 Posts
He thinks that it is "LL"(one is bigger and one is smaller, huh? ;) written on dipstick, but I think that he tries to read letter "F" wrong way :D
oil level is right in the middle. so - if the measurement was done on even surface and after engine was off for (in my opinion) about an hour - everything is peachy.
Got it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts