Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im driving the 07 limited with nav and DVD. I recently contacted the Subaru main customer service line to discuss issues with my headlights. I have had them replaced twice now in the four years I have owned the car, along with the taillights once and an interior light as well. The reccomendation was that I have the electrical system inspected And get back to the rep about the findings. I have an appointment next Monday.
Yesterday the smell of a burning hotdog cart filled my car. It seems one of my puddle lights burned and melted. The whole strip will have to be pulled off since there is no separate fuse for them.
Basically I'm just wondering if anyone else has had similar issues with the electrical system

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've owned my 06 tribeca for 2 years now and I have replaced my headlights 4 times i believe. My puddle light on the driver side started smoking/ melting so i ripped off the panel and discovered the wire was all black. My ext warranty covered the puddle lights but nothing was said to me about the headlights. I now just buy the cheap bulbs because no matter what brand or quality they all burn out in about 6 monthes. Let me know if they find out a reason for your headlight problem!

·
Registered
10 Posts
We just noticed both our headlights and one driving light are out, which makes the third time in a little over a year we have had light problems. Dealer blew it off as putting in "cheap bulbs", which we payed to have replaced. I will change the bulbs out myself this time but they will get yet another ear full, it is still on extended warrenty and it would be nice to find out what wiring issues are causing this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.