Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to reset the ECU? Probably disconnecting the neg terminal on battery but I just want to know how to do it correctly. Also does the idle relearn process have to be done. Thx for info

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Disconnect battery, press brake pedal, let everything sit for 10-15 minutes, reconnect.

I've never had to do a process to relearn for idle - the ECU always figured it out after running a bit.

Do, however, prime the fuel pump after reconnecting by turning the ignition to "ON" without starting the engine and leaving it there for a few seconds before trying to start it.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Not sure if *globally* correct, but I hold the brake pedal down as mentioned and switch the headlights on. I have never waited the 10-15 minutes, but that is because I am far too busy. Hopefully that does the trick, but I can't be 100% sure. Best to follow Mark's procedure if you really have something serious to do.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure if *globally* correct, but I hold the brake pedal down as mentioned and switch the headlights on. I have never waited the 10-15 minutes, but that is because I am far too busy. Hopefully that does the trick, but I can't be 100% sure. Best to follow Mark's procedure if you really have something serious to do.
thx guys

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Brake pedal is used because it's a constantly connected electrical system, unlike the headlights. It really makes no difference what you use, as long as you drain any residual electricity in the system's capacitors.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Brake pedal is used because it's a constantly connected electrical system, unlike the headlights. It really makes no difference what you use, as long as you drain any residual electricity in the system's capacitors.
Well the parking lights are still triggered by that switch, I'd think. Combine both and you'd be pretty sure to let ensure no more capacitance within the system.

Could be wrong, but for speed and ease I'd say to do as many as you can with whatever is right in front of you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts