Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anybody flushed 06 ECU with 08-09 code? I wonder if possible to do and if performance will improve? I complained to the dealer that when I push accelerator there is 2-3 sec delay before engine is revving up. I had it since day one. Another thought - will milage suffer with re-programmed ECU

·
Registered
19 Posts
There are programs out there to modify your own ecu's ROM but you can't simply flash a ROM from a newer vehicle, it won't be compatible. I am working on a map for my 06 that will enhance throttle response/power/mileage.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I think this "fly-by-wire setup" is really contributing to "sluggish" performance also. I step on accelerator and count 1-2-3-4 and then engine revs-up. When I tow the boat it is major PITA to work with accelerator and manually shift the tranny all the time.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Andrey said:
Thanks, I think this "fly-by-wire setup" is really contributing to "sluggish" performance also. I step on accelerator and count 1-2-3-4 and then engine revs-up. When I tow the boat it is major PITA to work with accelerator and manually shift the tranny all the time.
It's even worse when you shift from Neutral to Drive. It seems like a 10-second delay before you get anything at all. (I know it's probably only 3 or 4 seconds, but 3 or 4 seconds delay when trying to get out of the way of a truck bearing down on you is a lifetime. It's a safety hazard, as well as a usability handicap)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've spoken to the dealer and he says that Subaru comes sometimes with "new" image of ECU and they load it during major services (30K, 60K). I think he BS me - dealers never go an extra mile for you. I am just trying to deside if I wanna do it. He said he will do it for free - I just scared my fuel economy would suffer. I can get now 25 m/gal at around 55-60 m/h. While towing the boat 14.5-15 m/g

·
Registered
19 Posts
Andrey said:
I've spoken to the dealer and he says that Subaru comes sometimes with "new" image of ECU and they load it during major services (30K, 60K). I think he BS me - dealers never go an extra mile for you. I am just trying to deside if I wanna do it. He said he will do it for free - I just scared my fuel economy would suffer. I can get now 25 m/gal at around 55-60 m/h. While towing the boat 14.5-15 m/g
No, he is right. They do sometimes have different revisions for certain models but thats only to correct problems. The Drive by Wire system being laggy isn't what they consider a problem though. You can go ahead and get the new flash from the dealer. It won't affect your mileage, but it also won't likely change any hesitation in the throttle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts