Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how I can get the DVD audio to play through the speakers while driving?

This car was bought in the U.S. if that makes any difference.

Thanks
-Rich

·
Registered
552 Posts
I assume you're talking about the factory rear seat DVD player...all you have to do is push the "RSE/AUX" button in the center stack. RSE = Rear Seat Entertainment. You may have to push it twice to actually get the RSE, not the aux input.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
snork said:
I assume you're talking about the factory rear seat DVD player...all you have to do is push the "RSE/AUX" button in the center stack. RSE = Rear Seat Entertainment. You may have to push it twice to actually get the RSE, not the aux input.
Thanks for the reply, yes this is the factory dvd player, but no matter what I do I cannot hear the dvd through the car speakers. Either while in park or driving. Is this a U.S. safety precaution?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hmm...no, the audio should work even while driving. The only limitation while driving is that you don't get video on the navi screen.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, I feel dumb. I had an iPod plugged in the auxillary jack in the center console, so it was cancelling out the sound for the dvd player!

I unplugged the iPod and now it plays in beautiful surround sound.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Good to hear it was a "dumb" but simple problem. It doesn't make sense to me neither why you can't switch to the DVD RSE input even with something plugged into the aux jack. I would have been confused too;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts