Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! Here's my dropped Tribeca! :D Hope you guys like it!

I used front and rear springs from an 09 Legacy spec-B. Rears fit with no problems, but with the fronts I needed to change the spring seats to the Legacy ones. Front is about 1in lower. I am not sure how much lower the rears are as I forgot to measure it before the drop. They are sitting on 20inx8.5 rims with 275/45/20 tires. I will take all comments good or bad!

·
Registered
43 Posts
:tup: Nice work. I've been doing the research on this exact setup. Any issues with the tires clearing the suspension?

Love it...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! No major issues. I haven't really pushed it hard yet though, due to the wet weather I am having here. Slight rub then I hit a hard dip. but my wheels are much wider and larger then stock. Other then the slight rub, I am very happy with the ride!

·
Registered
43 Posts
What offset are you running on your 20x8.5's? Also, do you get any fender rub when you have the wheels turned and go up a driveway/curb? Looking at your shots from your other post (painting white to blue), and the turned wheels look super close to the fender.

Anyway you cut it...the lowered look def. looks great IMO :tup: :tup:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am sorry I am not sure what offset I have. I have tried looking for the stamp on the rim but I can't seem to find it. So far no fender rub while turning up a curb or driveway, unless I'm turning into my driveway or pulling into my work going 60mph. The space between the wheel and fender is very close. I can't even stick one finger between the fender and tire. I do have wheel lockup problem when I cut my steering wheel all the way. But thats a given for my larger wheels.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thats hot! So what exactly did you do for the fronts? Any part numbers to go with it? Also, are 09 legacy springs the same as 05's? I have a set of those sitting around. How do the stock shocks seem to be taking the lowered height? Still a fairly smooth forgiving ride?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
boostsr20 said:
Thats hot! So what exactly did you do for the fronts? Any part numbers to go with it? Also, are 09 legacy springs the same as 05's? I have a set of those sitting around. How do the stock shocks seem to be taking the lowered height? Still a fairly smooth forgiving ride?
It was a very easy job! For the fronts all you had to do was replace the top spring seats. I am not sure if the 05 and 09 Legacy springs are the same. The stock struts seem to ba taking the drop fine, but they are new. The ride isn't as firm as I wanted it to be. But it isn't a bad ride!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Magic Marker said:
That's pretty cool. Not my choice of rims, but I love the concept.
Thank you! They are not my choice of rims either! I Had them in storage for many many years. But I felt bad tossing out good rims. So I sand blasted them and painted them black. I will get something better later on down the road.

Hey I'm glad you guys are liking the Tribeca. But if you guys have any input on what i can do to make it better, im open to that.:)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Black wheels always look incomplete to me, like a cheap set of wheels missing hubcaps. The same wheels in chrome would look amazing

·
Registered
31 Posts
HB_Dad said:
Black wheels always look incomplete to me, like a cheap set of wheels missing hubcaps. The same wheels in chrome would look amazing
black with chrome or polish lip looks nice but chrome alone likes ugly.I had them:eek:

·
Registered
19 Posts
To the OP, not sure if you used different top hats or not but the Spec B ones will make the front sit about a 1/2 inch higher than LGT top hats.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey everyone I have been meaning to post the part numbers for the parts i used. Just been super busy with work. but here they are.
All parts are all OEM 2009 Legacy Spec-B

Front Springs L/R ~~20330ag14a
Front Spring Seats L/R ~~ 20323ag00b
Rear Springs L/R ~~ 20380ag12a

boostsr20To the OP, not sure if you used different top hats or not but the Spec B ones will make the front sit about a 1/2 inch higher than LGT top hats.
I used the spec B top hats. It is plenty low enough. Any lower then i would be rubbing all the time.

hipowerI think they changed the rear suspension on the 08 09 a little bit:mad:
To my knowledge.. they only changed the rear spring. the legacy springs should still fit.

HB_DadBlack wheels always look incomplete to me, like a cheap set of wheels missing hubcaps. The same wheels in chrome would look amazing

It's a look that I like. I really don't like chrome. But its all in personal preference

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just posted that thinking that you could use a little more clearance up front but seeing as how your already using the Spec B top hats it won't do you any good. There are a couple company's that make delrin "spacers" to get you some more clearance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This kinda makes me nervous. I've been looking for a way to drop my fiance's tribeca also, but somehow I don't think that taking springs from a 3600lb car and putting them in a 5700lb SUV is the answer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Looks great!

Looks very nice! can you find another B9 and take a front picture side by side in order to see the height difference? That would be nice to see.

Can I make a suggestion to the people they modify their rides? can you please post a "before and after" picture? That would show first hand the effect achieved.

Did you changes the springs and shocks as well? If yes, what kind and what setting.

Thank you for your time!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts