Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Is there any aftermarket driver's side wiper blade (26") for 2nd generation Tribeca? I can't even find someone selling the OEM one.

The driver's side wiper arm has a wide saddle for whatever reason. Would the 26" wide-saddle wiper blade from RV fit our cars? Thanks!

·
Registered
547 Posts
most people install wiper arms from legacy/outback/forester and just use any regular blade after that. search this forum there are plenty of threads on it

·
Registered
1 Posts
For the 2007 model I just bought the rubber from the dealership and replaced only the rubber (not the metal part).

·
Registered
73 Posts
The first time round the parts place I normally go to had one I stock. The second time round a few years later, they did not, but then sold me a truck (as in horse and trailer truck, not pickup truck) one.

The problem with the truck one is that it is three times the price of the car equivalent.

I also tried a different place and when he came out to check also immediately remarked that it seems to be a truck-sized blade.

I did not try the dealer as I do not have one close by.

The rear one is more of a problem. I did the same as Amin by replacing the rubber part only
which is a pain and does not seem to hug the window as well as the original.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Grind mine as the standard size, painted and use regular blade. Before that I used one from a Legacy 2009 very close on the position. But grinding/adjusting the original one , I think is the best. The original arm is heavier and pushes better on the windshield.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just get the official insert from the dealer, part SOA591U326R list price $8.95. Done.

Alternatively there are cheapo Michelin wipers at Walmart that use a similar type rubber insert, get a 26" one, swap the insert with the one you have now. Done.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2006 and 2011 Tribecas in the household here.

I go to the Subaru dealer and get:

20" (508mm) Subaru Genuine Parts Wiper Blade (S0A591U220)
26" (650mm) Subaru Genuine Parts Wiper Blade (S0A591U326R)

They work like a charm on the 2006 B9 and the 2011 Tribeca and install takes mere minutes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts