Votes: 26 76.5%
  • What is Sport Mode?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Only when I have to pass someone. Other then that, I don't need to burn anymore fuel then I have to. We have an 07 that needs 93.

·
449 Posts
I do sometimes but not a lot, I'm not crazy about the manual shift thing either myself. I really like manuals myself, the sport shifting thing is not really for me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Only down shifting for traffic lights and such. It's nice on the highway downshift so you don't have to hit the brakes....

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
evlB9 said:
Only down shifting for traffic lights and such. It's nice on the highway downshift so you don't have to hit the brakes....
I havne't thought about using SS for that.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Huskylord said:
Can't you save gas this way as well (depending on your shifting?)
This old truth has started to become extinct. While this was a benfit to a manual transmission in the past, it's not so much the case anymore. With the increase of technology, the precision of transmission shift points has started to change that. We nolonger use carburators, in place are fuel injectors; the physical weight of automatic transmissions these days are now closer to that of their manual counter parts; shift points are now caluclated on various condtions such as temprature, humidity, throttle curves/response, and fuel octane.

All these things add up and while if you shifted at the EXACT proper moment, EVERY TIME you could probably increase MPG. But realisticly thats an impossible feat (not even considering fuel grade, and atomsphereic conditions). Technology to the rescue. :tup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts