Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my wife says she used to see the exterior temp on her nav screen in the map mode. I had to disconect the battery and since then, it's missing that info. How can you bring it back ?

Thanks

·
Registered
552 Posts
I can't recall the exact steps off hand, but press the INFO button then its buried in one of the option screens. HTH.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Tribeca_PL said:
So my wife says she used to see the exterior temp on her nav screen in the map mode. I had to disconect the battery and since then, it's missing that info. How can you bring it back ?

Thanks
I have an '06 and I am pretty sure it's not possible on that model year, but it supposedly does work on newer ones. Not sure exactly which ones??? I seem to remember someone somewhere claiming they had their CPU flashed and it then magically worked, but I again don't remember which model year...Please correct me if I am wrong here...

-Karen in AZ-

·
Registered
127 Posts
OK - It's as easy as the EASY button.

Click INFO (button)

Click SET (top right corner of NAV screen)

Click below OUT TEMP until it reads MAP

BINGO

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thanks, mine was even toggled off for some reason. I blame button pushing copilots.

I also figured out how to switch to the QWERTY keyboard in the Nav set up.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Actually...I think the default is for it to be off. The temp is a graphic overlay, and I believe it blocks the upcoming turn icon when it is on.

Mine came off, I turned it on, and ended up turning it back off so I can see what it was blocking which IMHO is more important when actually using the navi screen.

I dunno...it just bothers me when people with built in navi systems drive around with the map screen on. Do you not know where you are when doing your daily driving?! LOL:lol: So obviously we keep ours on the audio screen so I can see the XM info and you always get the temp on this screen too.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Friends that occasionally ride in the car always like playing with the Nav. Touching the different icons to see what they mean...etc.

The wife and I alternate between displaying the trip info (mpg) and the audio info screen. The Nav screen is saved for our long driving vacations.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yes the temp on the map is an overlay and it interferes when you have the nav on. I'm one of those guys that annoys snork. I love maps and enjoy seeing it on the display. As for the MPG screen or the audio screen... could they have made it any more boring? Oooooh I'm getting 20.1 miles to the gallon.......... hit the gas, line goes down, fun. I guess it's more interesting when you've got satellite radio, but for CDs or radio... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hah, I hear ya Tony and I agree the screens are pretty boring design wise, but having the XM the audio screen is actually useful to see the channel/artist/song info which is all displayed at the same time on the screen.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts