Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love this car (2010), but I hate the red panic button on the remote. I sit down on my couch with the keys in my pocket and set it off outside. I take out my keys and put them on the counter and set it off outside. I like all the keyless functions, but wonder if there is a way to disable just the panic button - it is not recessed, and simply is too easy to hit.
My neighbors thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am surprised nobody else has had this problem. I set off the alarm at least 1 time a week - I cannot be the only person with this problem! I am ready to pull the battery, but I hate losing the keyless entry and lock features. Maybe I will try blind surgery on this key and let people know how that experiment turns out.

·
Registered
106 Posts
If you plan on hanging on to the vehicle or aren't worried the next owner might care, you could just epoxy the button in place.

I've set mine off once in the house pulling the keys out of my pocket. It took me a few seconds to figure out whose car it was and what was going on.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I usually accidentally hit my remote start button. I've never hit the panic button.

·
Registered
191 Posts
setting off panic button

panic button- I used a piece of thin,stiff white cardboard and taped "this lid" over the red button...

on the lid I wrote the transmitter code for keyless entry..so when the battery gets replaced ,I will have it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My key doesn't have this button!

It has three buttons: Open (open lock icon) close (close lock icon) and back door (opened back door icon)
This last button is almost unuseful because if you open the doors, back latch is open too!

·
Registered
308 Posts
In the US, the panic button is a red button on the back side of the remote.

I find the tailgate release handy on occasion - if I have to get into the back to retrieve stuff, then lock it again. Sure, it doesn't get used frequently, but it does get used.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts