Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know where the dial is but one thing is confusing me.

When I turn the headlights on the dash and console lights do not dim. On every other car I have ever been in those lights dim a bit when the headlights get turned on.

Am I missing something here or should I get the dealer to look at it?

·
449 Posts
Sounds like you have the dial all the way up (or down I forget) to the full on position. move the dial a 1/4 turn down and then see what happens.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I flicked it down a click or 2 and it didn't change the behavour. During the day I like it on full but when is dark out, full is way too bright.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Umm...dumb suggestion, but turn it down some more. I noticed that it has a "hard clicking" position that makes it full brightness at night which is about 1/2 way. No idea why this isn't the "full" setting. If you turn it down past this setting, you should then be able to adjust the brightness down further for the night time mode. My Accord does the same thing.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Is it possible your knob isn't functioning properly? Mine works fine, and adjusts quite dim, and there's definitely a big difference when I turn on the lights.

Try adjusting all the way up and all the way down (and everything in between). You should see a big change in brightness. If you don't, it may need replacing.

·
Registered
308 Posts
pityr said:
I flicked it down a click or 2 and it didn't change the behavour. During the day I like it on full but when is dark out, full is way too bright.
Any updates on this? Did you get it to work? Flicking the right knob? (rotary knob below mirror controls)

Correction: rotary knob to the left of the mirror control.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts