Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that the Nav screen dims significantly when you turn the lights on. This is a real pain at dusk becuase the screen becomes difficult to see until it gets really dark outside.
The handbook says that if you hold down the screen settings button (the one on the far left of the dark grey "hard" buttons) the daytime brightness level will be restored. This does not work on our car, we have to manually adjust the brightness level on the touch screen - not a great idea while trying to keep an eye on the road - and even when adjusted to max it is still not as bright as the "lights off" level.

Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hum said:
If you keep your dash lights on full, it shouldn't dim when your lights are on, try that.
Yeah, our US model acts the same way, I noticed that when dash lights are set all the way up the LCD does not switch to night mode even with the headlights on. (ie: the audio screen has black background in night mode vs. the grey/white day mode)

Another suggestion is to not necessarily turn up the brightness, but to turn up the contrast. I have mine set to normal (middle setting) brightness, but I turned the contrast to near max for both day and night. This will help make the screen more visible, easier to see/read.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts