Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pick up my Tribeca on Tuesday and after taking the car for a test drive I noticed that there is a dial beside the mirror adjustment control on the bottom left hand side of the car. The dial rotates from 0-6. What is this dial for?

Thanks.

·
Registered
152 Posts
You mean the Illumination brightness dial (controls the brightness of the guages at night)?

(the dial on the farthest left side)

·
Registered
10 Posts
It's the manual levelizer for your HID's. 0 is used for driver/front passenger, and it goes up from there. I don't believe Tribeca's sold in the US come with HID's hence no dial.

·
Registered
10 Posts
High Intensity Discharge headlights, aka Xenon's. Depending on the number of passengers and weight of your cargo you adjust your headlights in order not to blind the poor soul that might be in a small car in front of you for instance. I believe there's a blurb about it in the manual.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Thats actually your dimmer for interior gauge lights and Nav. Comes in handy when the screen is too bright at night.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On the left of the mirror adjustment is the dimmer. On the right is the adjustment for the HIDs as described in #3.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts