Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
They say it harkens back to the aviation days, symbolizing the center fuselage and flanking wings. I see it and can go along with it, but some guy was standing outside a pub I was pulling up to and he was just staring and scratching his head. He stood there a wile smoking a cig just gawking so I got out and went over to him and asked "What do you think?" he said he loved it. He'd owned Subaru's and liked them and this one was no different, he said "Leave it to Subaru coming out all froglike and sh..! Looks great and totally unique." Since then I see the frog resemblance in the eyes (headlights) and face (grill). What do you all think? http://www.sb9t.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=14&stc=1&d=1150430791http://www.sb9t.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=13&stc=1&d=1150430791

Attachments

·
Registered
192 Posts
Beautiful_B9 said:
I doubt that HB, they are changing the whole lineup to look like this and I think its GORGEOUS!
Wrong. I saw what is presumed the '08 at a focus group late last year and what I saw was a Tribeca with what is pretty much the grille on that new Outback that just went on sale in Japan. It can also be seen on the new Japanese Subaru the "Stella" which is now Subaru's newest model.

The grille looked a lot like the one on the right (below):

It also had those little lights below the headlights as seen in the same vehicle in the pic.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Beautiful_B9 said:
wow they are going to ruin the B9 :cry:
As much as I like the current look on the Tribeca, I actually think this new grille that seems to be the new Subaru standard (New Legacy has it too) actually looks a lot nicer. Don't worry, the rest of the vehicle is the same.

Now if they messed with the rear-end of the Tribeca, I'd be PISSED!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
HB_Dad said:
As much as I like the current look on the Tribeca, I actually think this new grille that seems to be the new Subaru standard (New Legacy has it too) actually looks a lot nicer. Don't worry, the rest of the vehicle is the same.

Now if they messed with the rear-end of the Tribeca, I'd be PISSED!!
It would be great if they altered the front grill as it would put a premium on pre-altered models: The present grill differnentiates and gives a visual theme for the vehicle whereas the rumored altered grill reminds me of timid group thinkers scurrying back to the safety of the herd. One thing's definite--trotting something out in a focus group is almost the definition of a tentative notion and not an indication of an imminent decision.

Gary K.

·
Registered
100 Posts
HB_Dad said:
"Froggy" is going to be gone in '08 is all I know.
I heard the same thing, but I wonder about the other vehicles in the line that have the same basic front end look (Outback Sport shown here for example):

1 - 8 of 8 Posts