Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, going to dealer tommorow about my paint issue on 2006 gold B9T, who do i see at the dealer..manager? thanks!:wave:

·
Registered
405 Posts
CALL SUBARU OF AMERICA and speak to customer service about your color and year of car, and get a service call number and then call manager at dealer.

Don't be going to dealer to talk and get run around, they can authorize repaint but it has to come from S.O.A.(they are quite helpful if you talk to the right people and mention ghosting, year of your car and paint color with knowledge of previous problems with same color, and e mail them your pictures)!

Take it from someone who didn't want that kind of experience but got 5 WEEKS WORTH OF IT anyway.

KEEP US INFORMED AND DEFINITELY CALL CORPORATE.....

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
will do!
thats a better idea to call SOA fist, im going to deal with this whole repaint thing later this month after my kid goes back to college and they fix my front struts..which i belive is making a noise..and [email protected]

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
are you under 36,000 miles...where you located?? im going to my dealer at the end of the month after vacations...ive learned alot about this defect...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am in MA near the Cape. What if we all co-ordinated and protested outside every dealership on a given day-dont they usually have big promotions one weekend in the fall. Let's pick the biggest volume dealerships and spread out to cover as many dealerships as we can.

After 5 months I am done-I have gone through the official channels and have gotten nowhere.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sounds good, btw i think ive been talking to you on the Edmunds form? lol Welcome to SB9T

so you've been talking to them about this for 5 months??

·
Registered
5 Posts
I figured it was you.

March 31st was when I first brought it in to the dealership. Service guy told me that there was a flaw in the paint color and that he had seen it on a bunch of cars. He took pictures, was forwarding them to subaru, was getting a quote from the body shop.

I gave him a week-2 weeks, 3 weeks-there was always some excuse. Needed to rerun the estimate, needed a higher level of authorisation from subaru, etc. I asked him if there was anyone else I should be speaking with and he told me no-he had it at the highest level it could go at Subaru. (I am in the financial industry so my main priority during this time was keeping my job and paying my mortgage, but I followed up every couple of weeks)

I was talking to someone and they told me about the # for SOA. I caled them at the end of June they called the dealership-the guy I was dealing with was no longer employed there.

So it started all over again. My car went back in on or about June 30th and I did not receive one status call over the past 7 weeks-I called them once a week and yesterday got the "we wil cover 50% answer".

I am awaiting his email (of their formal settlement offer) which I was supposed to get yesterday but didnt (shocker!!!) Once I get that the real fun is going to start!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Stop messing with dealership and ask to speak to someone in S.O.A.customer service.
If it was the gold color like in 06 year and ghosting is problem, then it is well documented.
They should cover whole repaint, ask to speak to supervisor and get pics of problem on other cars like yours as proof.

IF BOTH YOU GUYS HAVE SAME YEAR, SAME CAR SAME PAINT WITH SAME PAINT PROBLEM, GO WITH THAT!

whitey1 said:
I figured it was you.

March 31st was when I first brought it in to the dealership. Service guy told me that there was a flaw in the paint color and that he had seen it on a bunch of cars. He took pictures, was forwarding them to subaru, was getting a quote from the body shop.

I gave him a week-2 weeks, 3 weeks-there was always some excuse. Needed to rerun the estimate, needed a higher level of authorisation from subaru, etc. I asked him if there was anyone else I should be speaking with and he told me no-he had it at the highest level it could go at Subaru. (I am in the financial industry so my main priority during this time was keeping my job and paying my mortgage, but I followed up every couple of weeks)

I was talking to someone and they told me about the # for SOA. I caled them at the end of June they called the dealership-the guy I was dealing with was no longer employed there.

So it started all over again. My car went back in on or about June 30th and I did not receive one status call over the past 7 weeks-I called them once a week and yesterday got the "we wil cover 50% answer".

I am awaiting his email (of their formal settlement offer) which I was supposed to get yesterday but didnt (shocker!!!) Once I get that the real fun is going to start!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Especially if it is the same paint color.....talk to someone at SOA and say you are a SUBBY fanatic till now, or something to that effect!:cool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Defective Gold Paint

I posted the comments below on the Edmund’s Tribeca forum – it may be helpful to others who view only this site.

Just bought an '06 B9 Tribeca that has gold paint issues. The vehicle is beyond the 36 month warranty but still under 36K ... discovered the link below that includes a recommendation to SOA from the New England Subaru Dealer's Association (I think) that SOA address gold paint defect even if Tribeca is out of warranty (not sure of SOA's response)... see http://www.snedcs.com/dcsmain/misc/NDABMay2009-3.doc.

I would also send letter to SOA if dealer/SOA persists on paying only half (SOA has already accounted for this issue in its warranty reserves, so there should be no $$$ pain to SOA let alone the dealer). And, you are right ... the paint issue has nothing to do with the mileage.

In my case (I am a new Subaru owner), I spoke to my new Subaru dealer re servicing issues and brought up the issue about the gold paint issue. The dealer immediately agreed to re-paint the car and provide me with a rental while it was being done (all at no cost to me).

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hey welcome to sb9t ! ( i was talking to you on edmunds) btw thats seems really helpful and good back up

1 - 18 of 18 Posts