Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I may be going crazy but I thought the dashboard lights (full navigation system, etc.) were green and now they are bright red. The dealer said they were always red so maybe I am thinking of my Forester. Is there a way to change the color to green - the red/pink is just too bright at night!!

By the way, I had an experience this week while away on vacation. The outside car lights would not go off. No matter what I tried and how I read the manual, I could not turn them off. Had to get up every 2 hours to run the car so it would not die in that deserted camping spot. Cut the vacation short and went to the dealer. It turns out when I had set the odometer back to zero, I accidentally tripped a toggle switch for the parking lights. I did not see it because I am short and cannot really see past the horn. My stupid error!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you! I guess maybe I had just not seen the dash lit up at night and was surprised. I think my Forester was green and that was added to the confusion. I guess I will get used to it!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Lady Tribeca said:
I think I may be going crazy but I thought the dashboard lights (full navigation system, etc.) were green and now they are bright red. The dealer said they were always red so maybe I am thinking of my Forester. Is there a way to change the color to green - the red/pink is just too bright at night!!

By the way, I had an experience this week while away on vacation. The outside car lights would not go off. No matter what I tried and how I read the manual, I could not turn them off. Had to get up every 2 hours to run the car so it would not die in that deserted camping spot. Cut the vacation short and went to the dealer. It turns out when I had set the odometer back to zero, I accidentally tripped a toggle switch for the parking lights. I did not see it because I am short and cannot really see past the horn. My stupid error!!
Sorry you had to learn about the parking light switch the hard way. It's there because the headlights & parking lights automatically go off when you turn off the key, so they had to have an alternative in case people needed to turn on the parking lights while the key was off/removed.

I'm glad they've done it that way - I never have to worry about leaving my headlights on.

Side note: I don't think you really needed to get up every two hours - I've left them on all night once (also have left the dome light on all night once) and didn't have any problems starting it in the morning. Just my experience...

·
Registered
161 Posts
I believe the red is less disturbing to your night vision than other colors. Remember reading that on a BMW website - BMW dashes were red for a long time, don't know if they still are.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts