Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sooo...upgraded the wifey to an 09' 7pass SE which she loves, but said it needs to be "meaner". Well, while she's away in Beijing for 2 weeks, I guess it's time to play! Just put on a 2.5" custom exhaust with Magnaflow mufflers. Kept the stock tips for the looks. SOUNDS AWESOME!! May go straight 2.5" from the cat back as well...

Checklist...

1) Custom Exhaust (CHECK) **See pics below**
2) Perrin Panel Filter & Intake Silencer Delete (CHECK)
2) Bug Guard (CHECK)
3) Tint / ClearBra
4) 20" Wheels & Tires NO CHROME (Ordered)
5) Custom Rally Flaps (Test Fabbing Now)
6) Blacked out Grille
7) Blacked out Headlights (working on removal...tough)

- Custom 2.5" Y Piping


- Magnaflow Mufflers w/ Stock Tips


- Full Undershot


- Back Shot of Duals


- Full Back Shot


I'll try to post a sound clip soon...somehow
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,246 Posts
I'll try to post a sound clip soon...somehow
YouTube is your friend :)

Thanks for the pics. Let's see how she sounds now. Any noticeable power gains or just noise? Constant drone?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Magic Marker said:
YouTube is your friend :)

Thanks for the pics. Let's see how she sounds now. Any noticeable power gains or just noise? Constant drone?
Yeah, but I want to get a good quality audio clip. May have my brother in law shoot a 15 second clip with his vid equipment and then upload it. I'll post it when avail.

There is a definite throttle response over stock. The 2.5" coupled with the intake mods have free'd it up a bit according to the butt dyno :D. No constant drone, just a much deeper suby sound but smoother than my 4 cylinder turbo. Def. sounds like a suby though :tup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
So good to see someone doing fun mods to their 'Beca. Our other car is my WRX wagon with cold air, flaps, and the like. Can't wait to hear the results!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jimbo said:
So good to see someone doing fun mods to their 'Beca. Our other car is my WRX wagon with cold air, flaps, and the like. Can't wait to hear the results!
:tup: My wife drove an impreza outback sport until we started bustin' at the seams with the dogs and boy so we went the TriVecta route. She's always been a little jellous of my WRX too so I'm bringin' her back up to speed. Now if I could only figure out how to cram a snail shell under the hood :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
wrx-boy said:
Sooo...upgraded the wifey to an 09' 7pass SE which she loves, but said it needs to be "meaner". Well, while she's away in Beijing for 2 weeks, I guess it's time to play! Just put on a 2.5" custom exhaust with Magnaflow mufflers. Kept the stock tips for the looks. SOUNDS AWESOME!! May go straight 2.5" from the cat back as well...

Checklist...

1) Custom Exhaust (CHECK) **See pics below**
2) Perrin Panel Filter & Intake Silencer Delete (CHECK)
2) Bug Guard (CHECK)
3) Tint / ClearBra
4) 20" Wheels & Tires NO CHROME (Ordered)
5) Custom Rally Flaps (Test Fabbing Now)
6) Blacked out Grille
7) Blacked out Headlights (working on removal...tough)

- Custom 2.5" Y Piping


- Magnaflow Mufflers w/ Stock Tips


- Full Undershot


- Back Shot of Duals


- Full Back Shot


I'll try to post a sound clip soon...somehow
staight pipes sounds really good but way to loud driving down the freeway I know cause I been at the muffler shop about 5 times to bulid and tune my ehaust system(went straight pipes from the axsle wtih quad tips,then stock mufflers with the quad tips,then with the resonator removed,then resonator back on with the straight pipes with two resonator extra with quad tip at the back to quiet it down,and last two magnaflow short mufflers with the magnaflow quad tips,4 3inch angle tips.Also built my own short ram intake by using a sti short ram intake and a rubber 2.5inch to a 3inch elbow and a small piece of 3inch aluminum pipe:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
405 Posts
So what do you get if you just replace mufflers with the MAGNAFLOWS?

Removing resonator not a good idea right?

Just wondering what to avoid doing and what to do if mufflers need to be replaced?

What is the series # on those mufflers, heard previous that MAGNAFLOWS drone a bit, thus the resonator question?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
LORE BECA said:
So what do you get if you just replace mufflers with the MAGNAFLOWS?

Removing resonator not a good idea right?

Just wondering what to avoid doing and what to do if mufflers need to be replaced?

What is the series # on those mufflers, heard previous that MAGNAFLOWS drone a bit, thus the resonator question?
removing the resonator will make it sound really awful cause its going to have a high pitch tone and almost sound like a lawnmover,chainsaw,really raspy but if you go with just building from the axle back you will have a deep tone like the nissan 350z plus its not really that loud when you driving around and you could aways bolt the stock exhaust back on anytime you want.You would want the magnaflow univeral stainless steel 4x9 oval center to center mufflers because you do not have a lot of room to work with,the mufflers are 14inches but the overall lenth is 20inch.Part numbers are 11215 for the 2.25 or 11216 for the 2.5 inch mufflers.I also added double wall rolled to round angle cut dual tip on the mufflers but you have to cut a couple inches off the mufflers and the tips to make it sit flush and not stick out.The tips fits perfect in the bumper.part numbers for the tips are 35168.Everthing is on www.magnaflow.com:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
you do not want the magnaflow muffler with the tip already on cause the overal lenth is way to long,you dont have anyroom to build any piping:mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
405 Posts
So would just a muffler swap do it or is pipeing mandatory from where it bolts on to the muffler after the axle?
And if so what is reasoning behind it?
Did you go with 2.25 or 2.5 muffler and why?

SO STOCK tips cannot be used on MAGNAFLOWS?

hipower said:
removing the resonator will make it sound really awful cause its going to have a high pitch tone and almost sound like a lawnmover,chainsaw,really raspy but if you go with just building from the axle back you will have a deep tone like the nissan 350z plus its not really that loud when you driving around and you could aways bolt the stock exhaust back on anytime you want.You would want the magnaflow univeral stainless steel 4x9 oval center to center mufflers because you do not have a lot of room to work with,the mufflers are 14inches but the overall lenth is 20inch.Part numbers are 11215 for the 2.25 or 11216 for the 2.5 inch mufflers.I also added double wall rolled to round angle cut dual tip on the mufflers but you have to cut a couple inches off the mufflers and the tips to make it sit flush and not stick out.The tips fits perfect in the bumper.part numbers for the tips are 35168.Everthing is on www.magnaflow.com:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
I just built a little bit where it bolts up then you could still bolt the stock mufflers back on.You could use the magnaflow tip but not the magnaflow mufflers with the tips already welded on from factory cause the overal lenth is way to long thats why I said to go with the short universal oval mufflers cause they come in the shorter canister so the muffler shop has some room to build and they will fit and wont stick out but like I said before you have to cut acouple inches off the mufflers and the tips too.I gave you the part numbers already.Hope it helps cause I leard it the hard way by buying the wrong mufflers and they were too long;)
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top