Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
06 Tribeca 3.0L H6
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I think this is the right forum for this. Here's the situation:

My daughter was driving our 06 Tribeca and came to a stop at a red light. She pressed the gas pedal and it wouldn't go. Turned it off and it hasn't started since.

Things we've done:
Changed oil and filter
Load tested battery (good)
Verified spark (it's there)
Fuel pump kicks on and primes
12v verified at the injectors
Verified the cams are turning (ruling out a broken chain)
No ECM codes currently present
Engine cranks over but wont fire (even tried a quick hit with starting fluid, nothing)
Pulled the passenger side fuel rail and injectors, they fire as they should
Checked fuses under hood and drivers fuse box, all good
The tach does not move while cranking (can't remember if it is supposed to but it worked while running)

What else am I missing? What causes an engine that is getting fuel and spark not to start? Any leads will help. Thanks in advance.

·
V6er Version 2
Facelift (EZ36D, 5EAT TG5D), MY2008, 7seat Limited (no DVD, no NAVI)
343 Posts
if I understood right - when you try to start - it cranks.... and what else is happening? does it "try" to start or no attempt to ignite? what does it sound like?
p.s. where are you located?

·
Registered
06 Tribeca 3.0L H6
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UPDATE I'm pretty sure that I've got her figured out. No compression, most likely a blown head gasket.

I noticed the water was a little low, added about 4 GALLONS then she started pouring it out of the exhaust pipes...

I guess that will be the end of this rust bucket. It's from Michigan so the cancer isnt worth trying to save it.

·
V6er Version 2
Facelift (EZ36D, 5EAT TG5D), MY2008, 7seat Limited (no DVD, no NAVI)
343 Posts
I would say that it is much more than just gasket if it starts flowing from exhaust... valve head(s) etc...

·
Registered
06 Tribeca 3.0L H6
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would say that it is much more than just gasket if it starts flowing from exhaust... valve head(s) etc...
I tend to agree however no water is getting into the oil sump. Either way, pulling the engine and replacing is probably the way to go with those miles.

It's too bad; my kid was just starting to like driving it around. Lol

·
Registered
95 Posts
If you're parting out and there isn't surface rust on these 2 parts I need a drivers side rear door and a passenger side rear quarter panel, if in the dark silver colour, and not rusty, should take the sting out a bit of letting it go...

·
Registered
06 Tribeca 3.0L H6
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you're parting out and there isn't surface rust on these 2 parts I need a drivers side rear door and a passenger side rear quarter panel, if in the dark silver colour, and not rusty, should take the sting out a bit of letting it go...
Sorry, I sold it whole yesterday to someone who wanted to fix it up.. so they say.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts