Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone disconnect the factory backup camera and tell me what pin is the 12v source.....anymore info provided would be awesome too but that would be a start.......Pics are even better......PLEASEEEE

·
Registered
552 Posts
If you're looking for a power source that's switched on "reverse" it may be easier just to tap the reverse lights.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no i am trying to hookup the factory camera I need someone with one installed so I know what pin I need to put power to and what pin I need to put my video source on. Thanks

·
Registered
552 Posts
Ah, IC...sorry I'm not much help on this one. If you have a voltmeter you can just test to see which pin has voltage. Then I'm assuming there'd also be ground and video source pins, these would be 50-50 shot of getting it right, just reverse if you don't get any picture.

If you don't have a voltmeter, you can pick one up at most auto or hardware stores, you can get a simple light up one for like 5 bucks or less.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
snork said:
Ah, IC...sorry I'm not much help on this one. If you have a voltmeter you can just test to see which pin has voltage. Then I'm assuming there'd also be ground and video source pins, these would be 50-50 shot of getting it right, just reverse if you don't get any picture.

If you don't have a voltmeter, you can pick one up at most auto or hardware stores, you can get a simple light up one for like 5 bucks or less.

haha yeah i know thanks for trying to help. My problem is this is a new install so I am having to run all new lines. Subaru wont tell you what pin is power....so i need someone who has one installed that can test and tell me....

·
Registered
82 Posts
FWIW, the factory system uses and backup camera and a module in the rear gate. The wires do not go diredtly from the camera to the display.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
swootton said:
FWIW, the factory system uses and backup camera and a module in the rear gate. The wires do not go diredtly from the camera to the display.
I had a feeling that was the case. Which isnt a bad thing because that box only provides a connection power ground etc. Clarion makes the camera and the power box, which is sold in the aftermarket world too.

Worst comes to worst I can purchase an aftermarket camera and somehow mount it within the B9 camera housing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts