Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a coolant leak coming from the drivers side. When under the car, it looks like it is dripping from a thin metal pipe
above the plastic shield. It must be corroded. What is this pipe and is there a way to patch or fix?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1) tribecas had two different engines. and you didn't say which one you have.
2) are you sure about it being coolant?
3) whole engine is above plastic shield.......

as an example - Engine Cooling - 2008 Subaru Tribeca
Boxer H6 and it is coolant. On the plastic shield, there is a U shaped cutout and it is above that. Looks like it is adjacent to the manifold connection.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
170 Posts
gotta have popcorn....
@Flemingo 14793AA040 - Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Cooler. Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) - Genuine Subaru Part
look at "what this fits" - forester and wrx - is that the codename for tribeca? :D
can you find something similar on tribecas diagram - Engine Cooling - 2008 Subaru Tribeca ? :D

@tmc211run what is end game here? if you can't get under to take a picture - you wouldn't be able to change it yourself... so - why don't you just go somewhere and have them lift and tell exactly what is wrong and fix it?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
gotta have popcorn....
@Flemingo 14793AA040 - Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Cooler. Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) - Genuine Subaru Part
look at "what this fits" - forester and wrx - is that the codename for tribeca? :D
can you find something similar on tribecas diagram - Engine Cooling - 2008 Subaru Tribeca ? :D

@tmc211run what is end game here? if you can't get under to take a picture - you wouldn't be able to change it yourself... so - why don't you just go somewhere and have them lift and tell exactly what is wrong and fix it?
Simple, it already has a bad head gasket which the shop found and put a sealer in it to get me along to trade it in. They stated and I agree not to put any more money into it The situation with chips not available has impacted me from doing just that.

·
Administrator
737 Posts
Simple, it already has a bad head gasket which the shop found and put a sealer in it to get me along to trade it in. They stated and I agree not to put any more money into it The situation with chips not available has impacted me from doing just that.
I see, please provide some pictures. Also, I am not sure that you answered the question posed about there being 2 different engines. There is a 3.0 and 3.6. Please provide the year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts