Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering ordering these tires for my 2006 Tribeca. They have very good reviews on tire rack. I live in the Pocono Mountains so I need something good in the snow. Has anyone used these tires?

·
Registered
161 Posts
dot606,

I pulled this off the TireRack site regarding this tire:

"The ExtremeContact DWS features Tuned Performance Indicators — visible letters molded into the second rib from the outboard shoulder to alert drivers of the tire's performance levels. A visible "DWS" indicates the tire has sufficient tread depth for dry conditions, as well as wet roads and light snow. After the "S" has worn away, the remaining "DW" indicates the tire only has sufficient tread depth for dry and most wet road conditions. And after the "W" and "S" have both worn away, the remaining "D" indicates the tire has appropriate tread depth for dry conditions only."

I too considered this tire, and based on the above paragraph, the wet/snow traction gets progressively worse as the tire wears out. Now, granted, as ANY tire wears out, the traction provided by the tread is going to decrease. But with this tire, it seems like it's a built-in feature, not an after-effect of normal wear. In other words, the tire slowly converts from an all-season to summer/dry-only tire. I personally need an all-season tire that will maintain as much traction as possible through its life, which is why I decided to pass on it and look for something else (even though there are positive reviews for it).

·
Registered
18 Posts
I put on a pair of 16" Cont. Extreme Contacts on my Impreza Wagon. The traction was great! The only drawbacks I noticed were slightly less efficiency (mpg) and the highway ride was not as smooth. That said, the improved grip and traction was very noticeable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.