1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
looks good !

·
Registered
552 Posts
I personally like the look of the bull bars, so it's ok IMHO:)

But yeah, those rear flairs just don't match the lines of the car.

I think the bull bar+door moldings+chrome wheels would look really nice and be the best combo.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Sorry, guys, but after running through the snow/slush up here in the northland.....:eek:

The car would gain several hundred pounds in slush/snow hanging on all that stuff.:rolleyes: It's bad enough with the stock car. Have to "kick off" the stuff hanging from the splash guards before parking in the garage. Guess I'm too practical.:)

·
Registered
345 Posts
Huh, I didn't know there was a Cobra version of the Tribeca. I like the over all look except for the bull bar and side steps. Does anyone know what mods are under the hood if any?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm not sure what sells in The States but that is ghastly. Fit that stuff over here and you have devalued your car by the cost to put it right.
My kids might like it but you'd struggle to sell it to anyone old enough to hold a licence.;)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bunch of old farts. OK the pushbar is a little gaudy, and pretty useless. But living in NY, MAN have I seen worse...

Example... any stock Civic, et al equipped with a huge aftermarket wing.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Unfortunately it is the Impreza that is largely responsible for the proliferation of cosmetic tat like those rear wings. I understand that many of the oe Subaru wings actually generate lift! If I didn't have to buy a new boot lid and reposition the brake light mine would have been headed for the bin on day 1.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Tony999 said:
Bunch of old farts. OK the pushbar is a little gaudy, and pretty useless. But living in NY, MAN have I seen worse...

Example... any stock Civic, et al equipped with a huge aftermarket wing.

I never can understand why people put crap stuff on their cars, but won't maintain them. That Neon has a big dent in the front end and the rear Altezza crap tail lamps clear lens is missing; never mind the missing paint on the rear bumper.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SimonD said:
Unfortunately it is the Impreza that is largely responsible for the proliferation of cosmetic tat like those rear wings. I understand that many of the oe Subaru wings actually generate lift! If I didn't have to buy a new boot lid and reposition the brake light mine would have been headed for the bin on day 1.
Some cars look ok with the wing, and as you say are actually functional.

Here's another example of a totally over-the-top wing, but in this case... a classic!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts