Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when I first bought my Tribeca one of the
the first things I did was replace the sway bars and bushings. That seemed to fix the heavy clunking in the rear , ESP because the left rear sway bar was broken. It also seemed to fix some of the front clunk but not all of it.
I replaced them all with Moog products. This was approx 3000 miles ago. There is heavy clunking going on with some squeaks in the suspension when it comes out of the bumps. The squeaking goes away for the most part while I'm driving it for a bit or so I think. The clunking concerns me most as this really hinders my driving over bumps in the driveway in my development which are unavoidable. Does anyone know what else could cause the clunking here? My assumption is this car was sitting for long periods of time before I got it. Thanks

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
So you replaced the sway bar links, not the bar?

Moog endlinks are junk- their ball joints have probably already gone bad on you. I'd go back to OEM.

·
Registered
45 Posts
So when I first bought my Tribeca one of the
the first things I did was replace the sway bars and bushings. That seemed to fix the heavy clunking in the rear , ESP because the left rear sway bar was broken. It also seemed to fix some of the front clunk but not all of it.
I replaced them all with Moog products. This was approx 3000 miles ago. There is heavy clunking going on with some squeaks in the suspension when it comes out of the bumps. The squeaking goes away for the most part while I'm driving it for a bit or so I think. The clunking concerns me most as this really hinders my driving over bumps in the driveway in my development which are unavoidable. Does anyone know what else could cause the clunking here? My assumption is this car was sitting for long periods of time before I got it. Thanks
Check the calipers guide pins and bolts.

https://www.rockauto.com/?carcode=1442659&parttype=10281

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have changed on mine the front struts and top mounts, the sway bar links and bushings, still had a little clunk... Finally I`ve changed the calipers pins and bolts and the noise is gone. Must take the time to properly clean and grease when you put everything back.

·
Registered
45 Posts
This is usually seen as a clunk on braking, correct? Or were you getting it at other times?
No. Not when braking. Passing over small bumps, gave me those noises, but if I kept a certain amount of pressure over the brake pedal, no noises. Also, to check with the car stopped, just hit the tire with your fist and you'll gonna hear it (if it's the caliper).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Check all 4 driveshafts the come from the differentials. It found that that one of mine is "wet" from the boot and it corresponds with a front end clunk I can't seem associate with any suspension issues.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts