Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I am on my second Tribeca. Great SUV, but experiencing a problem. I have 11600 miles on my 2008 5 passenger Limited. In cold weather and from a slow start it sounds as if there is a clunking noise coming from the front end. I had my dealer Master Service Technician do a ride along with me, and he also heard it. Well today, I dropped the car off, and the dealer called Subaru who told them to do this and that. They were unable to reproduce the
problrm, thus I have to wait for the Subaru Rep to comeon Wednesday. Ironically, he was in NNJ today with another 08 and the same propblem. has anyone ever had this problem with there Tribeca?

Thanks

Anthony

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have about the same amount of miles on mine but I don't believe I've heard that, although I believe I have an oil consumption problem (eating up too much oil before the next oil change). Will get a consumption test done soon. I'll keep an ear out for that noise though and report back anything I find.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hmmm, about 18,000 miles on our 2008 Tribeca. The road into our place has grown potholes and ripples (gravel road). Lately I've noticed clunking sounds when traversing the road. Think I'll contact the dealership. Sounds like maybe the front swaybar bushings are shot.:confused:

·
Registered
96 Posts
SubieTri08 said:
I have about the same amount of miles on mine but I don't believe I've heard that, although I believe I have an oil consumption problem (eating up too much oil before the next oil change). Will get a consumption test done soon. I'll keep an ear out for that noise though and report back anything I find.
Right now "running" 5w-30 Amsoil full synthetic. Just checked the oil level. It "used" 1/2 qt in 3000 miles. Changed to the Amsoil at 15,000 miles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
clunking noise

Had the same problem on my 2007 Tribeca..Took it in and it was the sway bar mounting bushings....now the control arm bushings are bad..The dealership said,,we expect problems, its only in the second year...lame excuse I think

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi guys just bought my b9 06, 44k on it same clunk from front when going into drive way or wash board road. put it up on the lift and the front control arm bushings have cracked out and are all but loose. will take it in as it is under warnnty(100k or six years)

·
Registered
630 Posts
do you hear the clunk when you hit the brakes? b/c when i hit the brake hardish, ill hear a sound that sounds like a "tick"..im thinking it may be the wipers hittin the windshield? idk..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts