Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hearing a clicking noise from the front end of my B9. Im thinking it may be the engine hood maybe its loose? idk it happens when i hit a bump or hit the brake, sometimes it just makes the sound when it wants to..im stumped.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes! if i hit a bump or hit the brake hardish i here this clicking noise that sounds like something is loose...i heard it may be the tire bushings or whatever "bushings" are exactly

·
Registered
66 Posts
Front Swaybar bushings..... Had mine replaced at the dealership for $130 including parts.

But the jub is EASY... should have done it myself.

According to the tech... it happens ALL THE TIME.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ninefourteener said:
Front Swaybar bushings..... Had mine replaced at the dealership for $130 including parts.

But the jub is EASY... should have done it myself.

According to the tech... it happens ALL THE TIME.
Thank you !

·
Registered
22 Posts
Pitch rod TSB

My 06 was doing the same thing, the bushings are a "clunky" noise where the pitch rod is like you said a "clicky' noise. The pitch rod attaches the engine/trans to the fire wall. It is a urethane dogbone shaped item behind the engine. The TSB says that some of the brackets that hold the pitch rod to the firewall are cracking and causing the flexing which is the noise you hear. The fix is to weld ( I think) the piece back together. It never came back when I had mine looked at and taken care of...

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ohh so it is the strut...perfect..and you can just bring it to the dealer and they wil fix it? price....?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts